ten

"Her name is Noelle."

He continues to hum the rest of the song, which I recognize as Teenage Dirtbag. I've known the song, but I've never had someone think of it when they meet me. It's usually either The First Noel or nothing at all.

I still somehow find it almost sweet that he remembers my name, and is singing along about it.

What am I saying? That doesn't mean he's singing it because of me.

But can I take a second to appreciate his voice? He has the voice of a literal angel.

I watch at the corner of the hallway wall, right before it opens to the railing where I'd be out in the open for the downstairs world to see.

I sigh and walk to the bathroom, hoping to go unnoticed by Harry. I look in the mirror-

yikes.

I try to brush out my hair slightly with my fingers and wipe underneath my eyes. Good enough. I walk out of the bathroom slowly.

Should I go downstairs or back into the room?

"Noelle." Harry says, not looking up at me, but acknowledging my presence. I guess I'll go downstairs.

"Are the waters in the fridge?" I ask quietly.

"Where else?" He answers, still not looking up at me as he throws trash away in a trash bag.

But you were just singing my name. Okay.

I open up the fridge and grab a water bottle, basically chugging it. I guess I was thirsty.

I stand at the counter awkwardly for a few minutes before deciding that maybe I should offer to help clean up.

"Do you need help?"

"I don't need help." I roll my eyes at him.

"Okay, do you want help?"

"Sure. There's trash bags in there." He points somewhere in the kitchen, a drawer I'm assuming, but I can't tell which one since he's not even in the room. I open random drawers in hopes that I'll find them, but I continue to struggle. Why so many drawers?

"Here." Harry sighs and opens the drawer, pulling out a trash bag and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I say quietly. He just walks away and continues cleaning. I sigh. I walk into the same room as Harry, not really knowing where else to go at the moment. I pick up cups scattered everywhere, as well as any other trash I see laying around. I try to think of things to come up with to say to him to lessen the awkward silence. It takes me a few minutes, but I force myself to speak up and say anything.

"This your parents' house?"

"Who's else?" I sigh and shrug.

"Where are they?"

"Out." He shrugs. I give up.

"Okay." I say and roll my eyes.

"You're mad because I'm not giving you my life story?"

"I didn't ask for your life story, I was trying to make conversation, but clearly you're too cool for everybody here." I blurt out. All I get is a laugh from him. "Glad it's funny to you." I say under my breath.

"My mum's on a trip with her friends, if it's so important to you." I roll my eyes. I almost ask, 'What about your dad?' but decide against it. Just in case, that might be something you only talk about with a friend. Me and Harry are certainly not friends.

"Ew!" I yell when I see it laying at the doorway to the bathroom.

"What?" Harry asks, walking over to me. I point at the condom laying in front of me. I can't tell if it's been used or not, which makes everything so much worse. Harry groans. "Well, pick it up."

"Excuse me!?" I look at him as if he's grown three heads. "You pick it up! I am not touching that!"

"I don't wanna touch somebody else's jizz."

"Gross." I cringe at his choice of words. "Your house. Pick it up."

"That's weird."

"Oh, are you too straight for that? Can't touch a used condom because that's gay."

"No, actually, it's just gross."

"Whatever. So you are gay."

"No. Obviously not."

"Obviously." I say sarcastically.

"You don't believe me?" I don't respond. "Want me to prove it?" I look over and he's smirking.

"You're disgusting." I roll my eyes.

"Mhm." He walks away from the condom and continues picking up trash.

"You're just gonna leave it?"

"I'll make Terrence pick it up or something."

"What a great friend you are."

"He threw the party." Harry shrugs and I sigh, walking over to pick up more trash. We clean up in silence for the next few minutes until Harry speaks up again.

"So what happened with the best friend's brother?"

"I told you. Nothing." He laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Not according to him."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothin'." I stop picking stuff up and switch my weight to my right foot.

"Well now I wanna know."

"So there is something."

"No. There isn't. So I don't understand what he'd say to you about it."

"Well we're kinda a thing." Harry says with his Grant impression.

"He said that?"

"Yeah, I asked him if you two were together or something. He said that."

"Why do you care anyways?" I cross my arms over my chest, dropping the trash bag. He gives me an amused look before answering.

"Sorry to crush your dreams love, but I don't. You two just seemed very cozy that night." He continues picking up more cups and tossing them in the bag.

"You're so full of yourself." I scoff and roll my eyes, picking up the bag.

"Am I now?"

"You think every girl is like in love with you or something."

"Uh-huh." He says with an amused look. I continue throwing things away, so I don't have to look at him.

"Whatever." I say, hoping to end the conversation.

"You say that a lot."

"Wh–K." I catch myself and continue to focus on cleaning.

"I rest my case."

"You have the biggest ego out of everyone I've ever met." I say frustrated.

"I'm flattered. Anything else you'd like to inform me about? Regarding me?"

"Yeah, you know, sorry to break it to you, but having a giant ego won't make up for having a small dick." I instantly shut my eyes after the words leave my mouth. That was so stupid. Why did I say that?

"I-" Harry starts with an amused look before slowly nodding. "Hm."

"What?" I snap, knowing I just embarrassed myself. Harry points at me, bouncing his finger up and down.

"I like you."