two

"I can't even deal with how hot he is." Mo says, once again gushing over Harry, who just walked into the cafeteria.

"You're gonna have an orgasm if you keep staring at him." I say, with my head down, grabbing a chip from the bag that contains mostly air.

"Honestly. That's really possible." I roll my eyes playfully at her.

"How does he not turn you on?" She asks in disbelief.

"Sure, he's hot as hell, but I don't know the guy."

"But you want to."

"I'm awkward enough with guys. I'd probably freeze up." I laugh at myself.

"Your loss. More for me."

"Like you'll ever actually talk to him." I doubt her.

"Watch!"

"Mo, no, okay, I believe you. Please don't make a fool of yourself!" But it's too late. She's headed right for him.

Mo's always been like this. She doesn't exactly care what other people think. She wants something, she goes for it. She's so outgoing, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of her in that way.

I watch the situation unfold, already with secondhand embarrassment.

She approaches him with a wide smile and a hand running through her hair momentarily. I slightly laugh at her. He watches her as she speaks, and I mentally curse for not being able to hear this far away. He has the same, serious expression on his face the entire time, which scares me, for her. She finishes talking, and when he takes a minute to reply, she sticks out her hand and says something else. He nods his head once, slightly, before lightly shaking her hand. When he lets go, he runs a hand through his hair. He's probably used to this kind of thing: girls all over him. I feel my heart drop into my stomach when she points toward our table, and when he glances this way, I turn my head and look anywhere else. Why is she pointing at our table?? I thought she wanted him, jeez. If I have to talk to this dude, I will kick her in her-

"Wow. He's even hotter up close." Mo dreamily says as she sits down next to me.

"Tell me how the conversation went."

"So I went up to him, and introduced him to the school, and gave a warm welcome, you know. Then I told him my name and stuff, and I offered if he wanted to come sit with us at lunch if he ever needed some friends, and yeah. That's basically it."

Thank goodness; that's why she was pointing over here. To invite him to our table. I'm glad he declined.

"So he said no?" I ask.

"Yeah, he said, 'Nah, I'm good, but thanks.'" Mo shrugs and I nod.

"He kinda seems like he has the personality of a rock." I say, shoving more chips in my mouth.

"A little bit, but he's still hot." Mo shrugs and I laugh at her again. "And you have your next class with him. Jealous!"

"He sits on like the opposite side of the room." I tell her.

"That sucks. But at least you can still stare at him the entire class period."

"Oh my gosh."

"He smells so good, too."

"That is important." I say with a nod.

"He's Heaven." She smiles and I laugh. "He really is!"

"A dream come true." I say, sarcastically with a smile.

A tiny little part of me hoped that Harry would, like glance over at me or something during math, especially since Mo pointed me out earlier. But of course, he didn't. It probably takes a lot to catch his eye, with as many girls as there are all over him, he probably doesn't give two shits about some quiet girl in his math class. Sure, he's so attractive, but I don't even know him. I don't really care that he doesn't notice me. It'd be exciting if he did, but there's so many other guys around, and he's a long shot; not worth it.

"Me and Harry kissed." Mo tells me when I meet her at her locker after school.

"What!?" I ask, shocked. She just met him today, and she already kissed him?

"No, but I daydreamed about it." She smiles, opening her locker. I laugh and roll my eyes. On our walk to the parking lot, where Mo always drives me home, she viciously grabs onto my arm.

"He's right there." She whispers in a panicked tone. "Let's jump him."

"Mo!" I laugh at her much too loudly.

"Shh!"

"It's not like he'll hear us, let alone care."

"Let's invite him to lunch. A welcome to our little town."

"It's not that little."

"Kind of." Mo shrugs. Harry's currently leaning against his car and talking to a guy. I recognize the guy, but can't remember his name. At our school, there's no real popular kids. There's a few groups that you know are all friends, and kinda think they're better than everyone else, but it's not like the movies and the books. There's no popular girl I hate, no popular guy that gets with all the girls. Like I said, they're there, but not in the way you think.

We all have our own enemies and our own issues. Mine are named Barbara, Hailey, and Mackenzie. However, I don't see myself as the type to hold grudges, so I just look at them as people I used to be friends with. I'm not stuck in the past. However, they're a whole other story for a whole other time.

"Walk slower, dammit!" Mo whisper-yells at me and I slow down. She unlinks her arm from mine and continues to glance at Harry every two seconds.

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting for him to look this way, so I can wave at him."

"Oh my gosh." We continue to walk slow, but he doesn't glance this way once. Not once. He must be too cool for us.

I watch him as he laughs at something the guy said. He has dimples too, of course. Why am I not surprised?

"What a pretty smile." Mo smiles. "Harry!" She calls and slows to a stop, even though we're still a few cars away from him. He looks over this way, squinting his eyes from the sun. Mo waves. Harry just lifts up his hand, his version of a wave I'm assuming, and focuses on his new friend instead. Mo sighs.

"Let's go, kid." I tell her, wrapping my arm over her shoulders and walking her to the car.

"Thanks, daddy."

"You're welcome, son." I get into the passenger seat of the car. This is why we have like no other friends. This is why Harry doesn't give two shits about our existence.