forty six

"Are you excited to graduate?" I ask Harry, leaning my back against the wall across from his bed, which he is sitting on. He looks lost in thought after my question. "Harry."

"Yeah." He nods. "Yeah, I am." He puts on a smile. It looks forced, but I don't push it. "You'll miss me." He smiles.

"It's not like you're leaving the country." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Yeah, I know." He laughs. "Come here." I lazily pull myself from the wall and sit down across from him on the bed.

"Graduation is in less than three months." Harry says. The realization makes my heart sink into my stomach slowly, thinking about not seeing Harry in math class everyday.

"Yeah, but I'll still see you." I laugh, shrugging it off.

"Yeah, but...not as much, obviously." He shrugs. I don't exactly get what he's saying but I ignore it. "Don't miss me too much." Harry smirks.

"That should be easy." I shrug and his jaw drops.

"We'll see about that." He grabs me by my waist so that my knees are on either side of him. He grabs my face and kisses me. I try not to smile but fail.

"Stop laughing, I'm trying to kiss you." Harry complains.

"I'm sorry!" I laugh. "You're gonna miss this." His face falls slightly, and I wonder why, but he doesn't give me the chance to ask him.

"Are we still gonna be friends like, even if we don't see each other that much?" My heart pinches at the word 'friend.'

"Yeah, of course. Unless you get tired of me." Harry smiles and shakes his head. He sticks out his pinky finger. I smile at it and his smile grows. I lock pinkies with him and shake it with a laugh.

"You're ridiculous." I whisper to him, not quite sure why I'm whispering but knowing that it fits the current moment.

"Thanks to you." He smiles before rolling his eyes and pushing me off of him so that I'm lying on my back. Next thing I know, he's hovering over me.

"It's been a while." He says before dipping down and connecting our lips.

I lock my arms around his neck, and I completely take in the feeling.