twenty nine

I wake up to no Harry. I sigh and roll over onto my back. I wait a few minutes before standing up, and making my way into the hallway. I walk downstairs, and still no sign of Harry. I wonder where he's at. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and look back.

"Cool, you're up, let's go." Mo rushes. "I woke up in bed with some dude, yikes." Mo laughs at herself.

"Of course you did." I roll my eyes. She pulls me out of the house, and I hope that Harry doesn't think I just ran off.

Until I see that his car is gone. I roll my eyes to myself and climb in Mo's car. I should've known things wouldn't be different. He just up and left anyway.

••

I'm walking to lunch with Mo with butterflies in my stomach. It's our first day back since Christmas break, and I haven't spoken to Harry since New Year's. Since our moment. But that's all it was: a moment. I was stupid to believe it'd last longer than that.

Mo and I sit at our original table and I spot Harry at Terrence's. He looks completely not phased and normal. He laughs at something one of the guys say and I put my head in my hand. I last about ten minutes before standing up.

"I have to use the bathroom, I'll be back." I tell Mo and make my way out of the cafeteria. I find myself at the lockers and sigh.

"Well, hey there." I hear from behind me.

"Stop following me." I say, my back towards him.

"Hm." Is all he says. I turn around, finding a Harry leaning against the wall of lockers. I put my hands on my hips as he just stands there.

"What do you want." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Well, that's easy." He walks towards me and pushes me against the lockers, taking no time to push his lips against mine. My arms immediately wrap around his neck and his around my waist. I don't know what this means, but once again I'm letting him take over. I let him add his tongue to the mix, gladly, and pull at his hair.

We soon pull away from the kiss, but remain in the same position.

"Hm." Harry hums and buries his face in my neck. I smile. "I said yes." Harry's muffled voice sounds next to my ear. "To Best Man."

"Progress." I smile.

"Mhm." He brings his face back up and looks at me with a serious expression.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't know." His face relaxes and he kisses me again. It's a short kiss and when we pull away, I ask him the question I've been wondering the past few days.

"Where did you go after New Year's?" I ask as casually as possible.

"Did you miss me?" He smirks and I roll my eyes. He leans down and kisses me more.

"I went to my mum." He briefly explains through the kiss. Good enough for me. I bury my fingers in his hair and he slightly leans against me as he deepens the kiss. I want to ask what this means, in terms of us, considering he knows how I feel about him, or at least that I do feel for him. At least a little.

"Why are you kissing me?" I ask lazily as I break away from the kiss.

"Why are you asking me that?" Harry shoots back while tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear. It almost makes me feel like we're actually a normal couple for a second, though that's far from true. I just shrug and close my eyes, leaning my head back against the lockers. "Because I enjoy it." He answers, cupping my cheek and bringing my face back down.