A Dance of Love

Once the halls of the castle started to get packed, the girls quickly ran to join the crowd. They stayed in a group, but made sure to blend in with everyone else.

"So ladies, how do we feel?" Peach asked.

"Pretty sure I'm not supposed to feel like a bride, or look like one," Zelda said.

"Well, you are gonna marry Link soon," Palutena smirked.

"Uh-huh, whatever you say," Zelda said.

"Well I'm kinda nervous," Lucina said.

"Why?" Palutena asked.

"I'm not exactly the best dancer," Lucina frowned.

"You'll be fine! Don't pay attention to the other people, focus on yourself and your partner," Samus encouraged.

"Thanks, I guess," Lucina smiled. "I also feel like Cinderella from the live-action movie with this dress, it moves a lot."

"Me too, I like it though," Zelda said.

"Oh! There's the entrance to the ballroom!" Palutena said, pointing ahead of them.

"Oh! Let's go then!" Peach gasped. They quickened their pace, trying not the shove past the people. When they entered the ballroom, they couldn't help but let a gasp escape their mouths.

It was decorated with yellow and orange ribbons, and grand chandeliers illuminating the room. Summer flowers decorated the walls, and the room itself was a large rectangle shape, giving everyone enough space to dance. Currently, there was music playing and a few people dancing. 

"Whoa! It's so pretty!" Peach gasped.

"Quite the decoration, the room smells very nice," Zelda smiled slightly, enjoying the fresh smell of the flowers.

"Should we try and find the boys?" Samus asked, quickly changing the subject before it turned into a whole review.

"No no! They have to find us," Peach smirked. "Then ask us to dance and we can have a wonderful night!"

"Okay, what should we do then?" Palutena asked.

"Food?" Samus suggested.

"Yes! I am hungry," Lucina said.

"C'mon we just got here and you want to eat already?" Peach asked.

"Chill, we're just gonna have some light snacks so we don't get hungry on the dance floor," Palutena explained.

"Fine, I guess, let's go," Peach sighed. They walked to a large table at the end of the ballroom, which was next to smaller sets of tables with a few people sitting in them. Food was laid out on it with small decorations on it. 

Zelda took a cheese cube and popped it in her mouth. She was about to grab another one when she felt a tap on her shoulder. A tall man was standing behind her, he had long brown hair tied in a small ponytail, tan skin and striking green eyes. He gave a sly smile and held is arm out to her.

"Would you grant me this dance?" he asked. Zelda looked at his hand, then back at him.

"Um, of co-" She was about to take his hand when she was yanked away, leaving him hanging. He looked back at her then shrugged and walked away.

"What are you doing?" Palutena hissed at her.

"I was gonna dance with him, is that a problem?" Zelda asked.

"Of course there is! You're supposed to dance with Link!" Palutena said.

"What if he doesn't even want to dance with me?" Zelda said, crossing her arms. Then her eyes widen and she blushed a little. "Not like I care anyway."