Disappointed situtations

Manik within no time found a shelter for him and Nandini. It is house of an bhramin, when is walked to the house she recognized it as her one of her father's cousin house who is her uncle.

Nandini stopped Manik and explained that the house owner is her relative, Narahari Murthy, his son's surya Murthy and srikar Murthy. Manik twisted his eyebrows but then smiled "no problem! I felt the are good persons so we can stay with them if needed e can reveal the truth."
Nandini smiled back and said " Yes they are good family we can stay" both walked in to the house.

When they entered an elderly man welcomed them Nandini instantly bowed her head and touched his feet "kakhusa!!!! I Nandini" she said in low voice "he is my husband" she introduced Manik
The man look d at her with shock, "beti!!!!! You are alive??? Everyone said you died along with your family" he got tears
"He saved me and married me"
"God bless you my boy may God bless you people with son" he blessed both and hugged Manik with happiness, he called all family and introduced Manik is jamayi, they welcomed both in with rituals and made all arrangements in short time. Manik felt happy.

Manik said that he works in rajmahal with Yuvaraj, as Nandini want to visit the village once they came to see all people and her friends, being pregnant he couldn't say no to her so he brought her here all felt proud, that Manik works in mahal,

Night when dinner completed Manik along with Murthy family sat infront of house under tree having paan. Manik asked them "what are important news in village?"
"Nothing more, after death of my brother, king's family stopped sending men or Yuvaraj, as a result crime rate increased people started thinking that king is neglecting this village" Narahari explained

"Is it true? This village is neglected in any ways? Are you people not getting all subsidies king is providing?" Manik asked in curiosity
"They are making our sahi Sabu more rich and most powerful, see they having the news of Yuvaraj visit, they are making this presentable"
"But Yuvaraj is not such person who frowns in such things, that is why he is visiting"
"Yes but Sahi Sabu is now grown most powerful people started scaring of him so no one will tell Yuvaraj about any of the problems"
"Why any one of you can't send a letter to king?"
"The messenger will be killed, Why to take a poor soul?"
Manik felt as if some one had stabbed a sharp knife in his heart, in his body stiffened. In his country all these things are happening he want to kill the responsible people all at once and make common people happy but he knows that is not solution. He has to show his sanity now.

After talking about various things Manik finally came to his allotted room, Nandini after a while came in, seeing Manik she can easily guess he is not in good mood, Nandini made paan and sat besides him.
"What happened Hukum????"
"I am failure utterly failed as Yuvaraj, father have gave me all my duties I am supposed to protect and keep everyone safe but I failed look here everyone are suffering just because of my negligence"
"No Hukum!!!! It's not your fault it's just that you couldn't reach everywhere every time and the one who you trusted ditched you"
Manik got up in angry and was about to go Nandini stopped him "Hukum what are you going to do?"
"I am going to kill him and make everything perfect"
"So that again in future if any one does this you will again come here and kill him too?" She asked in anger
Manik looked at her in surprise and felt himself as fool
"Solution is not you killing him, solution is motivating and encouraging people to do what is correct and making the culprit terrified by common people, so that in future no one dare to do so and people learn what their duty and what are their rights and how to make this why they all unite"
Manik came back sat on bed pressed his lips together and looked at her in anticipation and admiration. "How?"
"It's your work to find out how?" She shrugged
He smiled like baby "did I ever mentioned you are just impossible taste to mend?"
"No" she smiled
"I do now" he smiled again, took her in hug

All night Manik made plan and even sent some required information to messengers through his bird, Nandini is sleeping on his lap all the while. When Manik completed work he took Nandini in arms and placed her on bed carefully he kissed her lips softly not disturbing her sleep. He too slept.

Morning Manik took a total round of village he noted all the points which are important to change, he interacted with people, he observed all government servants, even made a list of some revolties youth, he made list of simple things which are missing.

By lunch time he reached home back as Nandini will be waiting for h without eating, after eating he discussed with Nandini about his plan, then he again went out checked some more things like agriculture, markets, rates of necessities and even checked with the salaries of dasis and servants.

Every minor details he had noted down in his mind, and even took root cause of the problem. When it was evening puja time, he returned back did puja and spent time with family and slept so that nextday he can start his real work.

When it is midnight Manik heard some sounds outside he woke up, took a look at Nandini, she is sleeping peacefully, her stomach is relaxed on his, head placed on his shoulder hands entangled on his neck, and leg and placed in between his legs. Manik kissed her head slowly came out of his grip and placed pillow, walked fast  to window and looked out after few seconds of adjusting his eyes he could see clearly in dark, he saw shadow of two men who are walking towards main door while two jumped the compound wall.

Manik without making noise, came out of room, walked to main hall, then he himself sneeked to some dark place and waiting for them to enter, when they came opening the main door, they came directly to hall and then one of them signalled all three towards Manik's room, which made Manik more alert, when he was about to attack them, one of them already entered the room.

Manik was about to stab the knife in shoulder of near by man, he heard scream of a man who entered the room, manik smiled. It's Nandini who stabbed her safety knife in stomach of the person who entered the room. Manik to inserted his knife in last one standing, the other two started to fight back with both Manik and Nandini. Both made them to scream by cutting their body parts to bleed. Manik didn't let them run away.

All the family members woke up by screams, seeing the four men Murthy's got panicked Manik tied all men to near by wooden pillars, Nandini brought some salt and Michi powder from kitchen. Manik added the powder to their cuts which made them scream more then he asked "who sent you here? Why?"
One of them spoke "Yuvaraj!!! To kill you samanthji has sent"
All gasped at once saying Yuvaraj????????
"He knows I am here?"
"No, we found out just in the evening after killing we where about to inform him"
"So he don't know where I am?"
"No"
"Why did you obey his order?" Nandini asked
Manik looked at Nandini suspiciously, "he arrested my son and wife and threatened me to kill Yuvaraj"
"Even you all too?" Manik asked in surprise
"Yes he kidnapped my parents" one spoke among them
Manik fisted in angry he released them, gave water to wash their wounds, then Nandini gave lape to apply on the wounds they did, Nandini even brought some milk and fruits for them to eat. They joined hands and got tears in eyes for the hospitality Manik and Nandini showing towards them I spite of they being here to kill them.

Manik hugged them and promised them to return their family members back. Manik came to room, changed dress, took his sword and knife, even made some more weapons to carry and came out. Nandini came running with thali
"Hukum!!!!! Women and children are their so, don't loose sanity and don't kill him, he is culprit of people"
"Ok I will keep in mind take care and be safe they may be other people so I will keep guards still take care you know you are mine am I clear?"
"Yes Hukum" she took blessings and Manik left along with four men leaving murthy brothers to guard house along with royal guards outside.