twelve

Calum's POV

"MICHAEL PUT ON A SHIRT DAMN IT SHE'S COMING SOON!" I yell as I pick up my bass, Michael strums on his acoustic guitar lightly while sweat beads drip on it, and Luke sits on his phone texting away, all while Ash is god knows where upstairs.

"Please Calum, the ladies dig it, you should try it too." he countered with.

I shudder in the thought of not wearing my black hoodie, because I hadn't worn any bracelets.

"I'm good Michael. Thanks for the offer."

"WHAT OFFER?" Ashton yells as he runs down the stairs with his face stuffed with Cheetos.

"I offered him to strip with me since he has a girl coming this rehearsal." Michael says.

"DAMN CALUM. TAKE OFF ALL YOUR CLOTHES!" Ashton laughs, while sitting down at his drums and putting the Cheetos bag on the ground beside him, still eating.

Luke joins in with the jokingly mocking by singing "ITS GETTING HOT IN HEREEEEEE!" and taking off his Green Day muscle tee, chucking it at Ashton who caught it on the bag of Cheetos.

I stand there, laughing at the idiots I call my friends.

They're so amazing.

Luke dances over to me, put on a serious face, and says "Hold up hold up Calum, wrist check."

I groan, but strip off my hoodie since the sleeves are too hard to roll up, revealing the tattoos that Denna never realized I had, and the light pinkish scars on my left and right arms.

Nothing new.

Luke smiles at me, and I roll my eyes.

Michael decides to yell from two feet away, "CALUM, SINCE YOU'RE SHIRTLESS, MIGHT AS WELL TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS BEFORE THE GIRL COMES EH?"

Ashton, with his cheeks stuffed with Cheetos, yells "THATS A GREAT IDEA. STRIP PARTY!"

"YEAH CAL, LIGHTEN UP!" Luke joins in.

"WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE YELLING? I SWEAR THE NEIGHBORS CAN HEAR US!"

Luke shrugs his shoulders and gets even louder while screaming out the lyrics to one of our latest songs, Mrs. All American, with a twist to make it match Denna.

Her being American and us being in Australia, it just works.

"SO WALK CALUMS WAY, MRS. ALL AMERICANNNNN" he belted out, while Ashton walked towards me pretending to be a girl, batting his eyelashes, and making a kissy noise when he neared me.

I laughed at them, just as the basement door click clicked and footsteps started coming down the wooden steps.

"Shit shit shit, it's Denna!" I curse, scurrying to get my sweatshirt on before she gets down close enough to see my hideous cuts.

"Hey Calum? Michaels mom, I think that's his name at least, answered the door and told me to come down- why are they shirtless?"

Denna points at my fellow dipshit friends and laughs a little.

She's wearing a varsity cheer jacket over a peach tank top with white buttons and light lace going through the middle, and black ripped skinny jeans with combat boots.

Ashton stands up from his Cheetos and drums and says below a normal voice "Well damn Cal, you said she's pretty, but you never said THAT pretty."

Denna heard.

Looked down at her boots.

And giggled.

Damn it Calum, stop thinking about that adorable little giggle of hers.

"You've been talking about me?"

Michael stops strumming If You Don't Know and looks up, seriously admitting "Ive just put up a wall to be honest. He doesn't shut up."

She giggles again, and I can feel myself falling for the adorable little giggle and her smile afterwards as she bites the sleeve of her jacket.

"Well what does he say?"

I sit on the couch and bury my face into a pillow.

"WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP ABOUT WHAT I TALK ABOUT OKAY LETS GET DOWN TO THE MUSIC!"

Completely oblivious to the fact that I said anything at all, Michael continues on.

"Hey, aren't you the girl who's dating that guy on the football team? I forget his name..."

"Nathan, we broke up last week."

I can feel my eyes light up.

They broke up?

Now I don't have to feel guilty about the way I feel anymore.

"You broke up?" I ask.

"Yeah, the day after... you know... we broke up because he thought I didn't care." she presses the lie a bit further by crying a bit.

False.

I know it, she knows it, no one else knows it.

I raise my eyebrows, pissed that she's lying, but knowing she knows I know the truth.

"And did you?"

She looks at me, probably hurt that I would ask that in front of my friends who don't know the truth.

"Can I talk to you alone?" she asks me.

I look to the boys.

"We'll be back down in ten."

A/N

basically everything in this related back to something else

Luke's Green Day tee was what he wore the day of my concert.

The whole It's Getting Hot In Here reference was when Niall started singing it at the concert lol

The stripping thing is what I yelled when Niall sung that #oops

The yelling was because my neighbors yelling was so loud today that we got police involved.

Mrs All American bc Dennas American and im not.

If You Dont Know bc Dennas jam

Cheetos bc currently craving Cheetos.

Yeah okay bye

~Garima