twenty five

Calum's POV

After that damn conversation with Denna on the phone that one night, I swear i've heard nothing from her.

It's Christmas Day now, and I know she would have tried to talk to me by now at least if not sooner.

Something must be up.

I tried calling her at basically every reasonable hour she would possibly be awake at.

But all I get is voice mail.

I know it's clingy as shit, but I just really want to talk to her.

I miss the sound of her voice no matter what mood she's in, if she's mad at me for any reason, i'll gladly watch her be pissed because I honestly think her voice would STILL be perfect, every part of her is perfect no matter what.

I know i'm still not her boyfriend, but I really hope that we're on that track.

I mean, every time we go any period of time without eavh other, we seem to get closer and closer in the end.

And what is there between whatever it is that we currently are, and boyfriend/girlfriend?

I honestly don't think there's anything.

So maybe next, she'll be my...

One day...

"Calum! Get off that damn phone and come hang out with us, you're here to help us build houses for the needy, not sit around and moap about your girlfriend not texting. You're in bloody Africa!"

Girlfriend.

"She's not my girlfriend!" I counter with cheeks turning redder than just embarrassed.

"All the more reason to not be staring at your phone and waiting for her to contact you. C'mon son. Get over here!"

I groan, and run over to him.

Denna's POV

Wow, what a great way to spend Christmas.

Steph came by earlier this morning (around 6am early) (seriously, when the hell does that girl sleep?) to drop off her present.

A gift card to Forever 21. How thoughtful.

I tried to go back to sleep. But I was already completely awaken by her perkiness.

Ugh, it's too early for that bullshit.

By the time she left, it was around 7.

Damn that girl kills time with smiles and laughs and fake happiness.

I decide to take a seat on the kitchen counter where I can see the TV perfectly fine and eat some cookies, and sit on the counter like a true badass.

I turn on Netflix and find Spongebob Squarepants (I may be 17, but you can never be too old for it.)

Watching the cartoon, I take a quick glance out the window, still seeing no snow.

I know this is damn Australia, but i'm still in a Seattle state of mind, i'm still waiting for a thin little layer of white that you can still see a bit of grass with.

No matter how thin, I just want something to make me feel like homesick (even though we moved like 10 years ago.)

I twiddle my thumbs, not having anything else to do with my hands.

DAMN. IT. I. NEED. MY. PHONE.

I need something to do, and even though playing Flappy Bird at a boring time like this would be the top of a normal person's list, talking to Calum is what I currently want to do.

I miss his voice, and I know it's only been two days since I called him from the hospital, but I just want him back here.

I don't have his number memorized so I can't even call him from the home phone.

Damn it, it's Christmas day and the only present I want is miles and miles away from me.

My parents don't do Christmas trees or decorations or any of that corny holiday shit, and i'm pretty glad, because it's just a waste of every ones time.

But that also means I have to wait until a civil person (cough cough not Steph) would be awake to wake them up and subtly pressure them to hurry up and give me whatever they bought me.

I sit there doing nothing to pass my time until I hear footstep running down the stairs followed by another face, and two smiles that I basically only see on Christmas, and when they're drunk.

My mother's hands are behind her back, as she whisper's "Merry Christmas Denna!"

And pulls out, wait for it.

My phone.

I grab it from her hand and turn it on, then realizing, this isn't my Samsung.

"Uhhhh mom? This isn't my phone..."

It's a sleek blue iPhone.

"Is now."

I scream, jump up, scurry to find my old phone, take the sim card out, put it in the iPhone, and let the messages roll in.

Strangly, all of them were from one person.

Calum.

His contact isn't in the new phone, so I add him in and quickly shoot him a text.

Me: Merry Christmas! xx.

He replies instantly.

Calum: It is now. Where've you been???

Me: Ugh long story. Call me?

I suddenly get a phone call from him, so I run up the stairs and dissapear into my room before picking it up.

"Hey beautiful!' he says.

"Woah there, slow down. We aren't there."

"Yet."

We both burst out laughing, despite being so far away, he makes me feel like he's actually right here beside me.

"What even are we doing?"

"I don't know."

I whisper a little in hopes he doesn't hear me, but also wanting the answer. "I like it though. What about you?"

He whispers. Exactly how I wanted. Exactly the answer I wanted. "I like it. But i like you more."

"I like you more than I like all of this 'us not being able to be us drama' drama."

He laughs. "Who likes all this popularity shit? It's really all just stupid. You should see it all hapining from the sidelines like I do."

"I'd like to be not in it. I'd like to be like you, out of the loop."

"Well then why don't you just be like me." he suggests.

"How do i do that?"

"I don't know, just hang out with me."

"Won't that makes things awkward, y'know, between us?"

"It won't if I ask you to be my girlfriend..."\

Shit shit shit.

"And is that what you're asking me?"

"I guess it is."

I smile and bit my lip, even though he has no clue.

"I'd love that."

A/N 

I AM SATAN. SATAN IS ME. WE ARE ONE.

BRB CRYING AT THIS

LJDVBJFGBVKDUYJRGFBVNSKUJRDHBVRXFVC

wow um this is actually really emotional and im crying and smiling like an idiot and idk what do you guys think? ;P