twenty six

Denna's POV

30th of December.

Normal people would be planning out their New Years eve and who they'll kiss when the ball drops or where to be at midnight.

But me, I have my plans set.

Calum comes back from Africa today, his flight lands in half an hour, and i'm currently at the nearest florist to the airport.

The lady here keeps telling me I should get him roses, but should'nt he be getting me roses?

I stupidly head out with a mini cactus in my hand. not thinking it through at. all.

I jump into my car and drive to the airport with the radio blaring really loud with my windows rolled down.

AlI can hope for now is that he enjoys the plan I made for just me and him.

We are boyfriend/girlfriend now, so I want us to do the cute stuff together that makes other people envyous.

I find parking, and get out of the car with the cactus in my hand.

The sceen with information about all the flights says "On Time", so I sit down in the nearest chair to kill the time before it lands.

In the chair beside me, a woman sits with a big belly, and I assume she's pregnant.

A child, that doesn't look like he could be any older than 5 runs around her chanting "Is daddy here yet? Is daddy here yet?"

"No David, sit back do-"

She turns towards me and realizes I'm sitting there.

"Oh I'm sorry i'll get up."

"No no it's okay he's not going to sit anyways."

I awkwardly nod and pull out my phone to play Flappy Bird, the boy coming beside me and staring at my screen, yelling "YOU MURDERER!" every time I died.

"I'm so sorry about him. I hope this one doesn't end up like that." she says, holding her stomach and smiling a little.

I laugh and offer her a friendly smile, secretky hoping her next kid doesn't stare instensly at strangers phones while they play a game.

"So her are you here waiting for?" she asks me, probobly trying to make conversation.

"My boyfriend." I proudly reply, still trying to wrap my head aroung the fact that we're officail.

She approvingly nods, and starts rambling on about her fiance who went back home to Italy to visit his sick mother, who miraculously recovered from something and is returning home just in time with her due date being just weeks ago.

I try to pay attention to this random stranger, but I can't stop myself from thinking about tonight.

 I really hope he likes the plan I made up for us.

"Flight 739 coming from Johannesburg has landed." says the female voice coming over the speaker system all aroung the airport.

I light up, and jump out of my seat, saying a quick goodbye to the woman and rn up to the furthest into the gates that you're allowed to go.

I peak my head as high as I can get, which isn't too high since i'm shorter than the average 17 year old.

I stare at the cactus in my hands, wondering how the hell this kid messed me up enough to get him a damn cactus. 

Such a lovely present.

God i'm weird.

I see him walk through the gate with a suitcase tugged behind him, and his parents closely behind him, 

He's wearing a grey sheatshirt, even though this airport is so hot.

Why the hell is he wearing a sweatshirt?

He spots me, and I smile, hiding the damn cactus behind my back so his parents don't see it and call me an idiot.

Bad first impression.

My parents already have a horrible impression on him, and that bad enough for us

He runs up to me, and i wrap him in a big hug.

I can literally feel him smile as he burys his face into my shoulder.

I hope he can sense mine too.

I love how happy he is.

It's amazing.

He pulls away after so long, and I find myself he haden't.

"Hey." he awkwardly breathes.

"Hey." i reply with a smile, looking down at my shoes, not knowing what else to say.

Then I remember the cactus.

"Okay so i know you'll think i'm absolutly insane..."

"But?" he laughs jokingly.

I bring the cactus in front of me.

"What the bloody hell?"

I burst out laughing, and so does he.

"I don't know what I was thinking. I just, I don't know, i'm bad at this relashionship stuff."

"No, you're not, I think it's pretty damn cute..." he stops and shakes him head with a big smile,"What do you do with a cactus?"

"I don't know, you're room is pretty full of random shit, add it to your collection."

"Hey hey hey, control yourself Denna, it's not just 'random shit', its band merch."

"Okay buddy."

"Buddy? I've been downgraded to buddy? I thought we were dating... okay." he fake pouts, and I can't resist laughing so hard.

"Okay okay we can be dating again."

He smiles, and his parents finally catch up to where we've been standing.

"Hey! You must be the girl he didn't stop waiting for a reply from." his mom says, making him blush and shove her a bit.

"Oh um I guess I am haha. It's great to meet you Mrs. and Mr-"

"Woah woah woah no. That makes us both feel old. Call us Joy and David." his mom smiles, and I nod okay.

"Alright then, so Calum, since it's New Year's eve and like 5 o clock already, you're spending the rest of today with me, no take backs."

He agrees and gives Joy his suitcase, who whispers "Don't forget protection." very not-subtly, making me blush and Calum blush even harder.

"Wow did she just?" I start off, not wanting to finish

"Yeah... she thinks that every time I hangout with someone it involves sex. She thinks i've gotten laid by Ashton like a million times." he giggles.

"Damn, okay well you're not getting laid, so i'll say that now. Let's go." I say while grabbing Calum by the wrist, seeing a little flinch but ignoring it, and drag his out towards the car.

A/N

KERHGIDHFVIEDKN CRYING AT MYSEKD HAHHAHA LAID BY ASH OMG KVHSOFN WOW THAT WAS GENUIS

not even gonna edit that bc im lazy af

~Garima