eight

Denna's POV

I sit in the convertible waiting for Calum to show up after I gave him my address and directions.

Honestly, I'm so glad he's agreeing to this.

We may not be on the best terms ever, or even capable to say a sentence to each other, but he's still doing something really big for me.

This is a big deal, and if either me or Calum screw up, then I'm so dead.

I mean that literally.

I'll bet anything, that my parents won't hesitate to kill me.

A grey Toyota drives by. I glance at the window but see an old lady. Not Calum.

A white Chevy truck slows down, but then I realize it's the neighbors.

A weird but nice shade of bright red on a Cube rolls up the road. The cars stereo system blasting some slow song I've never heard of with a strangely appealing beat and lyrics I couldn't quite make out.

Definitely could not be Calum.

The Cube nears my driveway and stops along the curb.

Out comes Calum Hood.

"Oh my god Calum..." I try my hardest not to laugh at the neon of the car and the blasting of the music.

"What? Does it not seem 'me' enough? I love this color!"

I shove my face in my hands and burst out laughing "I can't even judge that. It's my favorite color. But... the music?"

"Yeah, that songs called If You Don't Know."

"Mmm. I've heard heard of it. But it sounded kinda good." I half confessed, not wanting to say I loved it,"Who's it by?"

"My band."

I swear, if I had something in my mouth, I would do a spit-take.

"Repeat that please. I think I heard wrong."

He laughs a little, and I can't stop myself from thinking it was a cute laugh.

I wish that wasn't what I was thinking.

"You heard me."

"Well, I guess I'll need to know random facts about my fake boyfriend."

"Right, so back to that, what do I do?"

I think for a seconds to figure out the easiest way out of this.

"Just smile and act innocently. Avoid talking as much as you can. And answer any questions to make yourself seem smart. Just talk yourself up."

He nods his head and smiles.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Calum's POV

Denna's driveway was probably the size of my entire house.

And it's an understatement to say that the inside looked like a mansion.

She grabs me by the wrist (which stung like hell) and drags me into a sunlit room guiding me to sit next to her on a striped print sofa.

It reminds me of the torn up red one in Michaels basement that I had been sitting on, confessing what had happened with Denna, 24 hours ago.

Wow, things change in a day.

We sit there in an awkward silence and I fiddle with my thumbs in my lap.

"I think they're upstairs or something. Stay here, I'll go get them."

I awkwardly nod, not knowing what else to do.

She walks up the marble steps and disappears checking every room.

Meanwhile, the front door opens and closes.

I peer by the wall between this room and the entrance, and see a man and woman walk into the house.

"Her car is outside, and so is another one. She must have brought her boyfriend."

"Glad to see a boy's finally found her appealing.

I see Denna run down the stairs to me without making enough noise to draw attention to herself from her parents.

Once she sits down beside me, she yells, "WE'RE IN THE FAMILY ROOM... AND I HEARD THAT!"

The two parents walk in, and don't hesitate a minute to interrogate me down.

"What's your name?"

"Calum."

"What's your star sign?"

"Uhh I don't know."

"Are you a virgin?"

Denna's eyes go wide and her cheeks flush as she screams "DAD!" and throws a pillow at him.

"Do you smoke?"

"What ew no."

"Do you have tattoos?"

She interrupts again, "Does he look like the kind of guy who would?"

My eyes go wide, and I whisper in her ear, "Actually, I do."

She covers her mouth and gasps "Oh shit."

"What's the problem?" her mom asks.

We both look at each.

"Nothing" we say together.

The doorbell rings, and Denna jumps up to get it to save herself from this awkward moment.

"What are you doing here?" she shouts, right when she opens the door.

A peer over the wall again, and see a pair of arms wrapped around Denna.

I gasp, "Nathan?'

A/N

oh that was not as bad as I thought it would be yay

uhhhh so that just happened.

any guesses on what's gonna happen? ;P

~Garima