Doctor of The Dead

We moved down the road driving away from Mesa plant, my stuff was handed to me and I slowly when throw the bag to make sure that ass Brett didn't throw anything out. I when throw and my hand hit the hard cover. Cassandra looked over for the source of sound. I slowly pulled out the book and she looked at me. "Alice in Wonderland? Really?" She asked me and I slowly nodded at her. "I think I'm almost done the book." I said to her. She slowly nodded as she was getting even worse. He hissed in pain as we hit a bump as I watched her. Doc got up and walked slowly over to Warren and Murphy. He was asking Warren if she could watch out for potholes. I started to put the book back, but she grabbed my hand. She didn't say a work, but I knew what she wanted, something to take her mind off the pain. I pulled my hand back out and opened the book. I slowly turned the chapters before landing where I was. I stopped and looked at her, she slowly nodded and I smiled.

"The King and Queen of Hearts were seated on their throne when they arrived, with a great

crowd assembled about them all sorts of little birds and beasts, as well as the whole pack of cards. The Knave was standing before them, in chains, with a soldier on each side to guard him, and near the King was the White Rabbit, with a trumpet in one hand, and a scroll of parchment in the other. In the very middle of the court was a table, with a large dish of tarts upon it." I read aloud. "Could you please stop reading about food, it's making me hunger." Murphy said to me, looking at me throw the mirror. "Then don't listen." I muttered as I watched him from my peripheral. "What?' He asked me, turning around, facing me in his seat. "Nothing, I didn't say anything." I said to him. "There she goes again lying throw her teeth." Murphy said. "Murphy." Warren said to him and he turned to her. "What?" he asked her, in the stupid tone of his. "Leave the kids alone." Warren said to him and I started to giggle. Warren looked at me throw the mirror and locked eyes with me. "And you young lady, please stop lying to us." She said to me and it put cotton throw my body. I looked down at my legs as time stopped, hearing Murphy laugh about it ripped me a new one.

Oh what your going to cry about it. Go on cry, nothing going to make it better...Geneva we have to get out of the car, Jean are you...here. Sis? Crap the car, Geneva. Please... "Jean?" My head shoot up and I looked right at 10k. "Crap, the car..." I covered my mouth as both Cassandra and 10k stared at me. "What?" She asked me. "The car?" he asked. "That, doesn't make sense." I muttered. "I don't feel so..." I looked down at Cassandra. "Stop." 10k yelled and the van came to a holt. I pushed the door to the back of the van open and walked out. Cassandra looked at me and I grabbed her, helping her down. 10k jumped out of the van as Cassandra pointed at the side of the road. She got down on the ground and started as 10k walked over to her. I stared ahead at the tree and knowing what was coming I needed a moment. I leaned on the tree and stared down the road, 'keeping watch.' I watched as the dust we turned up hit the ground.

I felt that stupid emptiness again as I felt a pond in my eyes as the road was clear and empty itself. "Why can I not remember?" I muttered. it's been eating me slowly as the days when on. She could be out there and she just left me... to die, to turn. And now I'm so busy thinking about this that now we're losing Cassandra. We can't loss her too, I can't watch this happen to her. She slowly leaving us and we can't just pull her back. There's nothing that would work around here as she turns and there's nothing we can do about it. Murphy is leaving us soon and I bet it's early then we think. Without Murphy there no mission, I mean he's a person. And now Cassandra is going to fade away. We'll be pulled apart and everything will end as fast as it started.

I heard a creaking sound, but it was just the old tree making noise in the wind. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but before I could turn I felt nail digging into me skin as I caught a look at her. It was Cassandra, but it wasn't she was gone and I only felt fear swallow me whole. I felt the blood leak from my shoulder and drip down my shirt, soaking it and my hoodie. Wait, a moment ago it was around my waist, how am I now... I felt the pain come back and I opened my eyes. I looked around as my eyes landed on Cassandra. She was sleeping trying to fight for her life. I felt the cotton again as I looked down. My head was pounding as I looked around. Raising my hand to touch my head only to feel a hand swatt at mine, making me stop from looking around. "If you move again I could poke my eye out." I heard Warren  say to me. I had to stop myself from wanting to touch my own head. I looked back as Cassandra as her breath grow heavy. I let out a heavy sigh as I sat still. "Jean, everything will be fine." Warren said to me.