One Doc Flow The Cuckoo Nest

I got off the bike and and looked it over. "You piece of- ow." I started hopping holding my foot. Setting my foot down and looking around, stuck in the middle of nowhere with no idea where the van could go next. I grabbed my things and started to run down the road, hoping I'd have some luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let us out." "that's not going to work, so please stop trying." I watched as Jean laid down and stared at me. Her warm eyes blinking at me as she stared. "Let us out." Julia said, hitting the door. "She won't stop." Jean whispered to me. I nodded at her as she kept her eyes on me. "Think she's dead?" Julia asked, I turned to face her and have her a look. "The nurse, she died it her sleep, cause she's a crazy old hag who could choke on her own tongue for all I care." Julia yelled at the door. "Julia will you stop?" Jean asked her. "Why? Why are you giving up like nothing wrong?" Julia asked her. "Cause if we act crazy, then she'll think we are." Jean said. "That's easy for you to say. You've never acted crazy." Julia said, mocking her sister. "Shut up, just shut up and sit down." Jean said to her sister. "We have to breath and keep calm." Jean said looking around the walls.

"We have to get back to Murphy, he'd know what to do." Julia said and Jean rolled her eyes. "He knows nothing." Jean said to her. "He knows more than you." Julia said, trying to make herself feel better. Jean just turned away from Julia as she sat on the ground. Jean touched my face, her thumb circling my cheek. "Everything is going to ok." she told me. "How do you know that? This is the apocalypse, everyone dies, turns. We should have stayed with Murphy at least we would have be safe and we would have food, not locked in the small box." Julia almost yelled. "Do you want a puppet or something?" Jean asked her. "No and he's not a puppet master." Julia said. "Yes, he is." Jean said to her. "Murphy will know what to do." Julia said. "Really is it cause he's blue?" Jean asked sarcastically.

"No, it's cause he's the cure to everything, he's our savoir, our king." Julia said. "Really Julia now you sound crazy." Jean said. "I'm not crazy!" Julia yelled and Jean gave her a face. She didn't say anything as Julia started to pass around the room. "Let us out." She bagged. "He's been slipping in and out of consciousness since we found him. He keeps mumbling to himself about blue men and twin sisters fighting." I heard as Julia pushed herself back and Jean stared down at me. I heard the door open and Jean pushed me to roll over. "10K?" I heard. I tried to look up and I could see him.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing. 10K? You're alive." Doc said and Jean look up at him. "10K? You know this patient?" the nurse said. I watched as Julia got up and walked right up the nurse. "You're an old hag sack of shit." Julia said before she tried to pull her hair. "No. Not 10K as in a name. 10K as a diagnosis. I'm just shocked to find a patient, with such advanced symptoms of 10K fever, is still alive." Doc lied and Jean started to giggle. "He's a natural." she said to me. "I've never heard of 10K fever." the nurse said. "That's cause it isn't real, but you'll buy what mister high man is selling you cause you think he's a doctor... that's why he's called Doc." Julia said in the nurse's ear. "It's a relatively new diagnosis. It just came out in the DSM-5." Doc said to her. "But he doesn't have a fever." The nurse said. "It's not real." Julia said in the nurse ear. 'Shut up. Just stop." I muttered and Julia looked down at me.

"That is exactly why it's so hard to diagnose. Tell me, have you noticed the patient counting at all?" Doc asked the nurse. "Yes. When he first came in, he kept rattling off strange numbers." the nurse said to him. "10K fever, all right. The victims exhibit an obsession with counting, coupled with delusions." Doc said before there was knocking. "Doc, you have to help us. We can't get out of here." Jean muttered. "So you see it now huh?" Julia asked her. "I wasn't saying we were staying here... and we're not going back to Murphy either." Jean said to her. Julia rolled her eyes as Doc got closer to me.