The Fight for Jean

A/N: All the words are at the bottom... You'll understand. Hope you guys like it. Love you. Stay safe out there, guys. 

~~~Jean~~~

I woke up and tried to touch my face. Something stopped me and I slowly opened my eyes. There was a chain on either wrist. I couldn't ever touch my other hand. My legs were the same. No.no.no.no.no.no. I pulled myself up and moved my wrist violently as I tried to get free. "This isn't happening. This isn't happening." I muttered. I raised my hands to my head. I couldn't remember anything about how I got here. "I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy." I muttered. "Jean?" I heard and looked up to see-- "Tommy? What's happening?" I asked. He ran up to me and held a key in his hand. "Prove to me it's you." He said. Uh... uh... "This mark on my thumb is a bit. From Lucy. for mouths everyone though I cut myself from when Cassandra pushed me." I said and Tommy looked at me. "Tell me why you ran away?" He asked.

"Jack... He promised not to start a war if I ran.... Oh my God. Tommy there's something I have to tell you." I said. Tommy started to unchain me before looking up at me. "I'm going to be a father. I know." He said, before taking my hand in his. I quickly got up from bed and Tommy pulled me into him, holding me tightly. It didn't last long and he took my hand again, pulling me to the door. "Tommy, what's going on?" I asked. We stopped at the door and he looked out the window. "Things have gone bad. Jean, we have to leave. Right now." Tommy said, letting my hand go. He turned to me and set his bag down. He was digging until he found what he was looking for. "Wear this and keep your head down." He said. I slowly took it and put it. I threw the hood up as Tommy opened the door. He looked around as I heard someone screaming. "We have to meet up with Warren." He said, looking around. Tommy took my hand and pulled me close. "Come on." He said.

~~~A few hours ago.~~~

I opened my eyes and stared. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. It was like I strapped down and could only watch what others would do to me. I shouldn't have listened to that ass. I looked around, putting my hands out. I touched something and it was solid. "Did you think, I'd just let you wander free? That everything would be fine? Maybe you should think more about yourself." Wait...was that spanish? "I can't think about myself if the people I care about are in danger." I spat and I heard a chuckle. "Did you hear yourself? You sound like a cartoon hero." The voice told me. "When you love someone, you want their safety as much as your own." I told him.

"You know what there isn't in this world. Heroes. Real heroes. And why is that you ask. Because they're all died. They ran into the fire and got burnt. The flames were too high from them and they died." This voice said and I stared up. The voice sounded to be coming from slightly above me. "Or they lived just long enough to see the people they saved turned anyway. The time wasted and lives lost, they changed. That's the way this world works." This voice said. "That's not true. People can change for the good." I said and I heard them laugh. "That's rich. You can't name one and I know you can't." This voice said. "Warren." I said. "She started the black rain and got that little niña killed." This voice said. Niña, niña. It wouldn't stop playing in my head. "No way...you. No not you. You-- they said you were dead." I said. "I'm not dead. Just evolved." He said.

I was sitting on a hill, the wind blowing past me. The grass brushing my legs. I still didn't have shoes on. I could hear people whispering. I turned to see people staring at me. I blinked at them and they ran off. I slowly turned back and stared back at the brick wall. "Jean." I heard and I turned only to be hugged tightly. I slowly wrapped my hands around this person, despite not knowing them. "I'm so happy to see that you're ok." This little boy said to me and I smiled at him. "5k, don't just--Oh hello Jean." I looked up at this blonde young man. He was holding a leach and there was a dog. The dog walked up to me and started to lick my hands. I slowly reached up and started to pet this dog.