Father or Murphy

~~Murphy~~

"Mister Murphy.  Mister Murphy." I heard, not looking up from the game I was playing. "Mister Murphy, there's something at--" "Not now, can't you see I'm busy winning." I said back as I didn't even look up. "Mister Murphy--" "go back to the cameras." I told him. "Mister Murphy, that's just it--" "Can it wait?" I asked still not looking up. "No sir." I was told. "Then deal with it." I told him. "Sir, it would be better if you do it." he told me. "Well I'm busy, deal with it yourself." I told him. "Someone's at the door--" "that's your job, deal with it." I told him, moving some of my cards around. "They claim to be--" "Who? Who do they claim to do. Spit it out." I said over him. "Sir they claim to be--" "Mister Murphy." Wesson said over this other guy. "Jean clasped just outside of the door." Wesson said and I looked up from my cards and at them. "What?" I asked. "Jean, she's here." Wesson said again. "That's what I was trying to tell you sir." the other guy chimed in.

"How did she know where I was?" I asked as I walked down the hallway. "I told her sir. She watched you walk away." Wesson said and I turned to him, my hand on the door handle. "Leave me." I said and they both took off down the hallway. I opened the door and there sat Jean, her hands around herself, trying to stay warm. Her eyes slightly open, I doubt she's really awake. I took off my suit jacket and put it on her. She's going to catch a cold otherwise. I bent down and picked her up. I held her and she clung to me, stealing my warmth. I closed the door with my foot and walked up the stairs, taking her to a different room. The loud music and partying would wake her up. I set her on the couch and looked down at her. "Haven't been eating or sleeping. Something happen to fiance eight thousand." I muttered to myself. I heard her stir. 'Wesson find me a blanket.' I thought. I stood there, waiting for Wesson. "No, you're not real. You're not here." I heard Jean mutter slowly. I closed my eyes as I stood there.

I'm standing in the woods, Jean was standing there, covering her ears, her eyes closed. "You're not here. You're not real. I don't want to hear it." She bagged. I turned to see a man standing there. He was taller than Jean, same brown hair, with salt mixed in, and warm eyes. He was wearing a red shirt and dark pants. His hand was out to her, trying to get her to come closer to her. "Geneva, please I can tell you everything. Let me tell you what happened. Let me in for only a moment." this man said to her and she looked up at him. His voice was soft and soothing. Somehow I felt safe around him. Jean no longer covered her ears and wrapped her arms around her waist. "Please don't say anything. Please stop trying to get in. I don't want to hear it." She said, taking a few steps away from him. This man wanted to say something to her, but he closed his mouth. Jean turned and walked away from this man. "Please Geneva. Let me tell you--" "I wanted you come back so badly, for so long, but you were gone. You were killed. I saw it happen. You're not real. " Jean said over him, covering her ears again.

"Geneva, I'm real. I'm here." This man said to her. "NO, YOU'RE NOT!" She screamed at this man. The ground around her started to crack and break off around her. "Geneva, take my hand, I'll pull you across." this man said to her. This man hung onto a tree and held his hand out to her. Jean just stared at him. "Don't be scared honey." This man said to her. She reached for him and more for the ground broke around her. The tree this man was holding onto fell in, he moved away from the tree and stood on solid ground. "Jump honey, I'll catch you." he said to Jean. Jean looked around as the ground shook again. The ground she took on got smaller. "You're not real. You're not real. You're dead." I heard her mutter. "Geneva I'm here. Just jump over here." this man told her. Jean had bent down, her hands over her ears. "No. you're dead. You died and I saw it. It changed me. Your death made me who I am. Your death--you're dead. You can't be here." She said to him, but he was still standing there. "Geneva, I'm here. I promise everything will be ok, all you have to do is jump." this man said to her. Jean looked up at him and stared. "It's okay, it's almost over." She told him as more ground crumbles around her. "Don't say that." He said to her. The last of the ground around her disappeared and she fell. I opened my eyes and wiped my eyes. I knew who that man was now, but what the hell does it mean?