Back from the Undead

"We're going too fast... Warren's having another vision. She can't hear us." I whispered to him. We hit a bump and driving at this speed, well uh, jumping out ain't an option and I really wish I had a seat belt right now. Stupid thing is either ripped out or tucked under the seats. "Hey, can we slow it down a little?" Doc yelled, but Warren couldn't hear him at all. I heard Murphy whimper and moan. "He's still with us." Doc said and I looked down at him. "Where are we anyway?" Murphy asked. "Looks like we just blew through what's left of Eerie, Indiana." Sarge back to us. "I spent some time there pre-Apocalypse. Good people. Kinda weird, but man they like to party." Doc said and I stared at him. Warren started to speed up again and I dug into the seats, hopping. I slowly pulled it up and stared at it. "Great." I muttered. The clip part was missing... how can that even happen? Damn Apocalypse.

I heard a click sound from the front and stared out the windshield. "Lieutenant Warren? Watch out for that-" Warren hit the Z and kept going as we all bumped around in the back. "Zombie." Sarge finished. Warren wasn't there as she kept driving... crazy fast. "Warren, I know it's the Apocalypse and all, but could you maybe slow down a little?" Doc asked, but nothing. We hit a few more bumps and I grabbed the seat in front of me. I stared down at my hands and whites on my knuckles. I quickly looked up at Warren and saw her head turn. I hung on even tighter, if that was possible. The SUV turned quickly, tires squealed as I closed my eyes. "This is too fast... too fast... too fast." I muttered under my breath. Even if we stop it's going to hurt. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I quickly felt around for the seat belt. There's still no clip, clicker thing. I looked around the other piece and dug in the seat for it. I pulled it out and stared down at it. It's the right type, the one with the loop to hold it. I quickly tread it through the loop and pulled it tight.

"What the hell, Warren?!" Doc yelled at the front. "Where are we going?" Lucy asked. I heard Murphy gasping for air. "He's going into cardiac arrest!" Doc yelled and I looked over at Warren. She turned back then turned back to the road. "He don't look so good." Tommy said and I turned to look back at Murphy. "Thanks for the diagnosis." Doc said over to us. "How are we even going faster?" I asked loudly. Lucy looked back at us for help, then turned to face Warren. "Stop the car!" Lucy yelled at the front. Warren had other plans... plans being driving faster. "Warren she said stop, not go faster!" I yelled up at her. "Warren! For the love of Pete and Pete, pull over!" Doc also yelled at her. Lucy and Murphy were crying as Lucy looked down at him. "It's ok. It's ok." I turned to the young blonde and frowned. "Lieutenant Warren? Lieutenant Warren? Warren, stop! Warren!" Sarge yelled at Warren.

The brakes were hit and we all leaned forward. My head hit the seat in front of me, before I looked up at everyone. I quickly got out of the SUV and rested my head on the side of it. I felt a hand on my back and it slowly rubbed my back. I turned and nodded, as I caught my breathe. "Don't throw up." Tommy told me and shook my head. "Ha ha." I said to him as I got off the SUV. "That was one time." I added and he smiled at me. "How fast were we going that day?" I asked. "Fast." he told me and I smiled at him. "We've got a ticking man here. He might turn any minute." I heard Sarge say and I turned to face them. Crap. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said anything about turning?" Murphy asked, before pushing Sarge off. "I'm fine. See?" I stared as Murphy started to walk away from Lucy. He took a few steps before he just vomited all over the place. "Crap." I muttered.

"Let's get him inside." I heard Warren say as Lucy and Doc pulled Murphy up off the ground. I heard a growling and turned to face them. I'm getting sick of the apocalypse right now. "Zombies! Six o'clock!" Tommy yelled. I grabbed my gun and pointed at the Zs. I lined up a shot and fired. Tommy and Sarge took a few shots. I watched as Zs fell and I lowered my gun. "Eight thousand one." Tommy said. I put my hand put and felt him hit my palm. "You two have to stop it. We have bigger problems." Sarge said to us and I looked at her. I turned to the building and started to run. I held the door open as Sarge and Tommy ran past me. I quickly pulled the door shut and stared over at Murphy.