Same Dreams

I work up and quickly sat up in bed. My chest felt like it was on fire. My heart beating in my ears, trying to burst off of my chest. I raised my hand, touching my forehead. My hand was covered in sweat. This had to stop. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. Dreams are made from things that happened in the day, right. I tossed my legs out of bed and bent down. My head resting in my hands. None of that is real, it's all in your head. It's the horrors of the apocalypse you survived. It's over, all in the past. Come on Jean, it's all over. "Jean?" I heard and I turned to face Tommy. "Jean? Jean, what's wrong?" He asked me. "Nothing. I was just rubbing the sleep from my eyes." I told him. He stared at me and laid back down next to him. "Everything's ok." I told him. I kissed him and watched as he closed his eyes. "Goodnight." He said. "Goodnight." I said back to him.

I stood there, by the wall, watching the emptiness. I felt the light breeze past my face and whistle in my ears. I closed my eyes as the sweet smell in the air. The cool air tell me that snow hung just out of reach. I opened my eyes, as something hit my nose. I turned to Sarge and she smiled at me. "Let me look at this." She said, before grabbing my hand. She stared at wedding band on my finger. "Never thought I'd see the day." She said and I shrugged. "It safer now." I said and she smiled at me. "I'm glad you came around. It looked good on your finger." She said and I smiled.

I heard running and turned to see George, Warren and Murphy running up to me. Worry all over their faces as they joined me. I turned to face the once emptiness plains. There stood a huge group of Z's. Murphy turned to get them to walk away or to turn around. They wouldn't do either. We stood there as they did the same, watching each other. Something in the distance moved and the Z's started to part ways as someone walked closer to us. Zs acting like doors as they walked closer. Some of the Z's looked like they were newer. Just turned, that's not possible.

There stood someone shrouded in darkness. Not that I couldn't see them cause they were wearing a cape. They were blurred out. I turned to everyone else and Warren looked surprised as everyone else looked unfazed. "Who did he get out?" Murphy asked. "Someone helped him." Warren said and I turned to see Jack standing next to this person. "We have a mole." George said. I turned to her and I felt arms around me. I turned to see Murphy, his arms wrapped around my chest, holding my arms in. His eyes were locked on the plains. I turned to see Tommy standing there, this person having a hold of his shirt's collar. I tried to fight Murphy, but his hold was strong. "I told you it was a bad idea." Murphy spat. I looked up to see he was looking at Warren and Goerge.

"How were we supposed to know?" George said. "How were you-- I told you." Murphy said. "Jean." I heard and I turned back to the plains. "Join us... Join us and I'll let him go." This person said. They voice so haunting, a memory that wouldn't leave you alone. A memory you can't place, but know it's real. "Let him go." Warren yelled. I turned to see her holding her gun. "You really want me too?" They asked. I fought Murphy, trying to get free from him. I looked down and saw murphy foot just close enough, but this person let Tommy go.

"Jean! Jean, wake up." I shoot up and there was Tommy. I pushed past him and stood on the cold floor. "Jean..." I turned to Tommy and I stared at him. "It was just a nightmare?" Tommy asked as I wrapped my arms around myself. "It's going to happen. It's going to happen." I said, muttering off. I was pulled into a hug and rested my head on his shoulder. "It was just a nightmare." Tommy said again. "It keeps happening. It wouldn't stop." I said and Tommy pulled me even closer.

~~~~~~~~

I stood there in the count yard and let the cold air blow past my face. "Come join me." I heard the voice again. There was groaning in the background. "I'm closer than you think." They abbed and I covered my ears. "Jean?" It was muffled. "That won't block me out." They went on. "There is a hoard for Z's coming." I muttered. " Say it. Louder." They told me. "I'm not going to." I said back. "I said. Say it louder." They yelled. "There is a hoard for Z's coming." I said again. "I'll see you soon." They said as they faded away. "Now you're just scaring people." I turned to see Murphy standing there. "You don't feel it?" I asked him and he stared down at me. "No and neither do you." Murphy said to me. "I know they're coming." I spat, before walking away.

"Geneva." I heard and turned to see Warren, walking over to me. "What's up?" I asked and she walked closer to me. "Sun is almost. It's time." Warren said and I stared up at her. "Now?" I asked. "Now." She said. Warren put her hands on my shoulders and looked at me. "We had to speed things up." Warren said and I stared up at her. 'What do you mean?" I asked. "There an outpost, about a days drive from here. They haven't come on line yet and they may be in trouble. They needed volunteer and 10k signed up for it." Warren said and I could hear my heart. I turned and walked away from her. I started to run down the hall and I pushed the doors open. He's going to get him. He can't leave.

I heard Doc talking, before I heard my name being used. Tommy sighed and I leaned on the wall. "Something's wrong with Jean." Tommy said and turned my head. "What do you mean kid?" Doc asked. "I means she keeps having the same dream over and over. Waking up in a cold sweat." Tommy said. I've been stressing him out. "Does she say anything about it?" Doc asked. "Just that it's the same." Tommy said. "It's just a dreams, right Doc?" Tommy asked. "Dreams can be more than what we think, kid." Doc said. I bent over slightly to see them talking. "Maybe she's just stressed out about everything and the whole apocalypse thing. Every time we've settled down, something else comes up." Doc said. I pushed myself back before walking away.

"CZ." I said, knocking on his door. He looked up at me from his computer and he smiled at me. "Come in, Jean. don't be a stranger." CZ said and I smiled at him. "Could you do something for me?" I asked, walking closer to him. "Sure, what's up?" He asked. "Could you use that NASA saddlight of your." I said and he stared. "I been having these dreams and Z's kept showing up. In my head, they always show up. They're coming and no one believes me. I just need some comfort to know its just in my head." I said to him. He reached out and took my hand. "We do believe you. Well I did." CZ said, before letting go of my hand. He typed on his computer and he looked around. "It's just it's not coming up. There nothing." CZ said and I felt tears run down my face. "Thank you." I said calmly as I wiped the tears away. It just means someone playing with me. It means a blend is playing with me. "I have to get ready. I'll see you later." I said to him. 

A/N: Sorry this is short, but I felt so bad not posting anything for a mouth. I wanted to get something out and not leave you guys hanging. It's something and the next part will be out before another mouth passes I promise... unless something unforeseen happens. Love you guys.