Reborn.

~~Sarge~~

I quickly walked over and pulled the cloth off. There she was. I took her hand in mine and held it. "Oh, Jean." I whispered. I raised my hand to her face, my finger resting on her neck and my thumb on her cheek. I just stood there and stared. "I'm sorry." I whispered, dropping my head. I was about to move my hand away from her when I felt it. "You have a slow pulse." I put my hand back and stared down at her, "You had a slow pulse when you were freaking out. That would make you real pulse... almost nonexistent." I said and I looked around. Right I'm by myself. I set my bag on the table next to her and dug in. I set things on the table as I dug deeper. "Please don't be outside." I said as I kept digging. I felt my fingers brush over hard plastic and I quickly pulled it out. I opened the container and pulled out the needle. I took a deep breath and walked over to Jean. Please don't kill her, please don't kill her, it kept playing in my head. I pushed the needle in her chest, watched as the fluid when in and I pulled out the needle. I stood back and nothing. I put my stuff back into my bag, shoving it all in there.

~~Jean~~

I could only hear the soft heartbeat of my heart as I was lying there. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't open my eyes. I was trapped and my heart was beating slower. My body a living tome, no one could hear my thoughts. I'm here. I'm here, help me. It felt like someone was sitting on me. I couldn't really breath, my body was losing oxygen. This living tome is failing.

I felt something stab me and it felt like I was shot in the heart. I hear my heartbeat like a rock band. I felt my eyes flutter as I felt my heart try to break out my chest, beating so loudly, I'll sure whoever did something could hear it. I opened my eyes, gasping for air, my fingers pulling at my throat, like someone was squeezing the life out of me. I started coughing from lack of air. I sat up and I felt a hand on my back. I turned to see Sarge standing there. I kept taking deep breaths as I stared at her. I grabbed her arm as I looked down, coughing. "Here." She said to me and I looked up at her. She was holding a water bottle out to me and I took it from her, slowing drinking it. "What happened?" She asked me. I looked up at her and stared. "Estes." I said to her. I remembered the talkers and I got up. I felt my legs shake. "Easy." Sarge said, holding me up. "There's a war happening." I said to her.

"Yes, I know that. But you need to take it easy." Sarge said as she held on me. I stood up straight and she stared at me. She slowly let me go as I stood there. I slowly walked to the hidden door and opened it. No one was there and I turned to Sarge. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "Probable voting." Sarge said and I sat down on a covered table. "That's in a few days." I muttered. Shit. Had I been out that long? I got up and walked to the door. "No don't." Sarge said as I throw the door open. I stared at the all the Z's and stood there. I closed the door again. I started to walk over to the other door, but leaned on a table. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I know, but I can't just sit here and do nothing." I said to her, before she could say anything. I rested my hands on my knees. "It's on your face." I added.

I stood up and slowly walked over to the other door. I slowly opened it and covered my eyes. I felt a hand on my back and hand around my arm. "This way." Sarge said. She pulled me somewhere and I heard a car door open. She pushed me into the seat and I sat down. I heard her close the door. I felt around for the seat belt and found it. I put it on as the door beside me opened. I heard the glove box open, grazing my knees. I heard things getting moved and Sarge sighing. "What?" I asked her. "Why are there so many receipts in here?" Sarge asked and I giggled. Sarge didn't ask as I heard make a sound. "Turn to me." Sarge said and I turned to face her. I felt something push on my skin and it stopped. "Open your eyes." She told me and I opened my eyes to stare at her. I blinked a few times as I looked around. "Oh, I think this is your." Sarge said as she held a coat out to me. I reached out and took it from her. I turned it over and saw the phoenix on the back. I shook my head and slowly put it on. When did it get taken off? Sarge started to car up and turned around.