In Memory of J-

I sat down on the log as I looked at fire. Warren's eyes were locked on it, she was having another... Vision? Sight? Trance? I don't know. I slowly nudged her and she looked at me. "You ok?" I asked her before she smiled and took my hand. "I'm ok." she said to me and I slowly nodded. "Are you?" She asked. I slowly nodded at her and she smiled. I looked up at the night sky and smiled. All the stars staring down at us. "I don't know why we're sleeping out in the middle of nowhere." Murphy said and I looked at him. "What? You know I'm right." he said and I kept staring at him. "What? Still not talking to me?" He asked and I looked away over at the fire. "Whatever, don't talk. See if I care." I heard him mutter. I throw a twig in the fire, keeping my eyes lock on it. "Well we didn't find much." I looked up and stared over at Doc and Tommy. "We caught some fish." Tommy added. "Ya, but they're tiny." Murphy whined. "Look at it half full not half empty." I muttered. "What was that?" Murphy asked. I turned away from him and stared back at the fire.

"Whatever Apocalyptic Barbie." I heard Murphy say. "She's still not talking to you huh?" Doc asked. "It's been a week." Murphy muttered. "Maybe it'll teach you not to piss people off." Tommy muttered. I looked over at him and stared as he locked eyes with me. "We found a little bit of gas." I turned to face Sarge. "How much?" Warren asked. "A hour, maybe three?" Sarge said as Lucy slowly shook it. "Why didn't you go with them?" Murphy asked, getting in my face. I stared up at him, forearms resting on my knees. Murphy grabbed my jacket and I raised my hands, staring at him. "Why didn't you go with them?" Murphy asked loudly. "Dad." Lucy said. "It's your job to protect her." Murphy yelled. "Dad!" Murphy turned to Lucy. "Put her down. I told her to stay." Lucy said, before Murphy set my feet on the ground. "Murphy what the hell?" Doc asked as I stared at him. "Is this how it's going to be? You not saying a word and making me look like the villain?" Murphy asked as I stared up at him. "You really want to do this?' He asked as I half shield from him. "You did say you liked it when I was quiet." Lucy said and Murphy looked at her, before back at me.

"Is that really what you're thinking?" He asked me, but I wasn't going to say a word at him. I'm in the long game now. "Fine, but don't expect me to help you." he muttered as he walked away. I narrowed my eyes at his back, see if I care. I looked over at Lucy. I nodded at her, before she smiled. "I learn from the best." I heard her in my head. "You're a natural, but don't follow in my footsteps kid." I thought looking over at her. I looked up at them and nodded. "I'm ok, I'm fine. I know that if I opened my mouth it would have gotten violent." I muttered and Warren looked over at me. "Someone has to keep watch." She said. "Don't look at me." Murphy said and I rolled my eyes. "I'll do it." I said and they all looked at me. "What? I should. You three did it last night. It's my turn." I said to them. "You sure you don't want help?' I looked up at Tommy. "I'll be good, you stay up last night. You need your sleep." I told him. "Ok, well I cooked up the fish as you three fought." Sarge said and I looked at her. I smiled at her. "Well dig in." Warren said.

I sat back on the log, that knife I got from that mad Z in my hands, slowly twisting it. I stared at the opening to the woods. I knew everyone was asleep and that made things a little easier. The fire dances in the night as the light breeze blow past me. I smiled holding a stick to the fire. I closed my eyes, only to open them to face a little girl. She was smiling, holding a stick, a marshmallow stuck to the stick. She smiled looking around, laughing and talking. Someone sat beside her and my eyes froze on him. His brown hair and hazel eyes form the fire. He smiled at her before she turned back to the fire. Her dark hair and matching eyes movening, before locking on me. She stared for a moment, before she smiled at me. "You want one?" She asked before I shook my head at her. She took off the marshmallow and reach out. "Are you sure?" She asked. I reached out only for the heat of the fire to stop me. I pulled my hand back and looked to see she was gone. I shook my head before a pulled my knife out of the log and held it in my hands.