I Can't part 1

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my bedroom, the sun on my face. It stopped, I didn't have that dream again. I slowly turned to see Tommy, sleeping. I smiled at him. I reached up and brushed his hair and he leaned into my touch. I smiled as I kept doing it. It's happening today. I'll wear that dress and hold those flowers. All smiles and happiness. But not everyone will be happy. Someone is getting used, scratch that there is more than one person getting used at this moment. Things could go to shit after tonight. There's too much happening right now--Something didn't feel right. Something was turning in my stomach, it felt like tight knots, worse than anything. Moving made it worse. My throat was dry as I felt the back of my tongue tingle, my legs and arm were weak.

I threw the blankets off me and ran out of the room. I ran past people as I kept running. "Hey Jean, what's up?" I heard someone say as I ran past them. I pushed the door open and leaned over the porcelain glass. "Jean?" I heard the door open and I leaned there. My head resting on my arm. "Jean, you ok?" they asked as they walked closer. I slowly looked up and stared at Sarge. I raised my hand and flushed the toilet, before getting off the floor. I walked to the sink and washed my hands. "Jean, are you alright?" She asked again. "I'm ok." I said, staring at the sink. "I just need a moment." I added and I heard her leave me. I looked up at the mirror and stared at myself. My eyes looked sunken in and it looked like I hadn't slept. "It's just nerves. Nerves and stress." I whispered to myself.

~~~~~~~

"There is much to do." Sarge said as I closed the door. I looked up to see Warren, Sarge, Murphy and Addy. "Murphy will you get out." Warren said, it sounded like they've been at this for awhile. "I'm not leaving." Murphy said. "The bath is ready." Addy said and Murphy stared at Warren. I held my hands together. "Nerves and stress." I muttered. "Drink this, you look pale." Sarge said and I stared up at her. "Thank you." I said and she smiled. "Have you eaten anything?" She asked me and I shook my head. She walked off and came back with an apple. "Here." I slowly took it from her and she smiled. "Are you feeling good?" She asked. I turned and stared. "It was just stress." I told her, but I really didn't know what happened back there. "Maybe you ate something that didn't agree with you?" Sarge said. I shrugged and Warren yelled. "Fine, wait out here." Warren said, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~

"Sit." Addy said and I did so. I looked over and Murphy who was standing in the corner. He was biting his thumb as he kept staring at us. Something was off about him. Did he know? Does he know and is keeping it from everyone? Does he know and knows that I was involved? Does he know I didn't want to be? I sat there as they felt me over. Make-up caked my face as my fingernails began to feel heavy, my hair going in ways it wouldn't normally go. Is this what getting married feels like? Is this what cold feet feels like? Am I getting cold feet? Am I? Am I ready for this? Am I ready for what will happen after? "Jean? We need you to stand up." I looked up and stared. "Come on Baby girl." Warren said and I took her hand. I moved and felt that feeling again.