Day One

A/N so normally the lines are a switch in a POV, but in this chapter as you guessed it the past and present... although it starts in 10k pov.

The sun shawn down as I drove, I raised my hand to find my goggles. There weren't there and I started to looked around. "Have you seen my gog-" I stopped as I locked eyes with Jean. her mouth slightly open, a blanket over her knees from the back windshield of the car, and my goggles over her face, blocking the sun from her eyes.The car started to swerve and I looked up to stairened up. I kept my eyes locker on the road as one of the cars stopped suddenly. Addy got out of the car and started to look at the engin. I rolled down my window as I got closer to her. "Damn car." I could hear her say. Pulling up to her and looked at her. I got out of the car as Warren walked up to her. "Damn thing stopped." Addy said to Warren. "Let me look." I said to her. Addy turned and looked at me.

"Where's your goggles?" she asked and I pointed into the car. "She's so cute when she sleeps." Addy said, leaning on the door. I stared at the engin as Doc moved the steam. "Well wonder boy will it work?" Murphy asked me. I turned and stared at him, glaring over. "It's dead." I said to him. He locked eyes on me and Murphy growned. "It's out of gas." Warren said to us. "Well Addy you could always ride with me?" Doc said to her. "Alright people roll out." Warren said. Opening the door I turned to stare at Jean as I slowly close the car door. She looked so calm and peaceful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car stopped and I opened my eyes. I straightened my back and sat up. I watched as 10k sighed and leaned on the steering wheel, the car was slowly moving. "Tommy what's wrong?" I asked him. He turned to me and smiled. "Hey, did I wake you?" he asked me. I shook my head and stared at him, the car was stopping. I sat on my knees and got closer to him. "What's going on? Are out of gas?" I asked him. He pointed out of the windshield. Smoke was coming from the engen as I stared at it. I blinked and the was fire, screaming as the dark of night took over. The smell of smoke and toxic fumes flowed around the cockpit. The seat was too hot to touch, the roof of the car started to warpe from the heat. I raised my hand to stop it, but hissed in pain. I stared at my hand, watching it bubble fast as dark clouds started to dance around and play with my vision.

"Jean?" I heard 10k voice. I turned to see Ella sitting there and she stared at me. She tilted her head as she stared. "Geneva, what's wrong?" She asked me. I unlocked the door, throwing it open and fell onto the ground. I slowly inched myself before I grabbed my knees and held onto them. "Jean. Jean." I heard. I blinked a few times as the sun hit my face. "The car it's on fire and my hands are burning off." I said. I turned to face Ella as she stared at me. "I'm sorry we didn't save you." I said to her. "What are you talking about?" she asked me, giving a confused look. Her hand coming closer to me. "Don't touch me." I said swoting it. "Geneva, let me-" " Stay back Ella." I said, pulling myself back. "Ella? Jean it's me. It's 10k." she said to me. I stared at her and slowly blinked.

I heard footsteps running and getting closer. "We heard the screaming, what's going on?" Vasquez asked. "The car was on fire and burned my hand." I shacked. Warren looked over at Ella and stared. "What's going on?" Warren asked her. "She thinks I'm Ella. Ella I think died in the car fire that day instead of her sister." I heard 10k voice. "Damn PTSD." I heard Doc muttered. "Well Ella don't touch her." Murphy said. "Shut it Murphy." Vasquez said to him. Warren got closer to me and I stared at her. "Breathe Baby girl. Breathe." She said calmly. "It's not really kid, everything alright now." Doc said. "It felt so really." I said to Warren and she nodded at me. "Tell me what happened." Warren said. " the car was on fire and my hands were blistering up... then Ella showed up." I said to her. Warren grabbed my hands and held them up as I kept looking around. "Look, look." Warren said to me and I stared at my hands. They were only slightly red for the fall out of the car as I stared at them. "Everything ok, just breathe." she said to me and I nodded.