Everybody Dies in the End.

Warren had stopped and pulled the rear view mirror down and I saw Jean asleep in the backseat. 5k looking at her, her head leaning on the glass. I opened the car door and leaned on the hood. 5k sat beside me on the hood and Red stood next to me. "How you holding up?" She asked me. "I'm tired. That's all." I told her. "Do think she'll be ok?" she asked me. "She's talking as she sleeps." 5k said and I turned to look at him. "Copy you, Kaya in the Skya. This is Operation Bitemark, over." I heard Warren say and I looked over at them. I heard a car door slam and and I watched as Jean walked over to them. "They turned." I heard her mutter.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and knew where they were going. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I walked quickly over to Warren. Warren turned to me and stared. "They've turned?" she asked me. "You need to change your course to intercept The Man. Taking Lucy to a new drop point." I heard this girl say. "Changed course?" Murphy asked. "Intercepted a transmission from Zona with new coordinates." this girl said. "What are the new coordinates?" Murphy asked. "The Man's headed..." and then there was radio static. "Where is she?! Where is Lucy?! Get her back." Murphy yelled, before he locked eyes with me. "Where is she? Where are they going?" he asked me. I shrugged at him and didn't look happy. "You don't know? How can you not know?" he yelled at me, walking around the truck. "She doesn't know." I told him. He grabbed me and I stared up at him before he was pushed off me.

You little-" "Ok,Ok. Leave the kids alone. Kaya coming back." Warren said pulling Murphy away. I could hear them yelling at each other as I stood there. "You ok?"I looked up at 10k and smiled at him. "He can't hurt me and he knows it." I muttered. 10k gave me a face as I felt someone hold my hand. I looked down at 5k and smiled at him. "You and Lucy are connected right?" Red asked. 10k and I both looked at her. "So, if the two of them are, if he hurts her, Lucy would know." Red said and we stared at her. We just kept staring at her and she looked at both of us. "Was that like a secret or something?" she asked us. I shook my head and looked at both of us. "All right everybody, let's go!" Warren yelled and I looked over at her, before back at what was going on. "When we get back on the road, I think I should drive and you should rest." Red said to 10k. "I got it." 10k said and I looked up at him. I lightly grabbed his face and pulled him to look at me. "You don't look so well." I told him. "Really I'm fine." he told us. "I think you should rest." I said to him. "Wheels up." Warren yelled.

5k pointed at something and I looked out the window. I looked around as we kept driving. "The trees?" I asked him. And he shook his head, pointing again. "I think he's pointed at the flowers." Red said, but he shook his head. He pointed again and I stared out the window and I saw something. "The person. The Ender." I said and he nodded. The ender was fast as it tried to keep up with the truck. They throw a rock at the truck and I sighed. I rolled down the window and hung myself out the window. Another rock was thrown and I looked back at 5k. "Slingshot." I said to him and he handed me his. He handed me a rock that got in the truck and I quickly launched it back at them. I watched as the fell down and stopped. I waited before they got back up and ran into the trees. "Nice shoot." Red said and I turned to look at her. "Show off." 10k said and I smiled at him. "You're the show off." I said and he chuckled before his breath quicken. "10k?" Red said. "I'm-" he said before he made a groan sound. I undid my seatbelt that I redid up and pulled his seat back. "Red, grab the wheel." I said and she grabbed it, starting to honk the horn, pulling us to the side.

Red helped pull him to the back and 5k moved the front. I heard Red get out of the truck as I looked down at 10k. He reached up for my hand and I grabbed it tightly. I kept my eyes on him as he kept breathing funny, but there was nothing funny about it. His eyes kept looking up at me, as I kept mine locked with his. "It's ok. It's ok." I whispered to him. "He was breathing funny. Then he had a sharp pain and he collapsed." I heard Red say. "Jean, we need you to move." Sun said to me. I turned and looked at her, then to Warren. Warren grabbed me and started to pull me out of the truck. 10k gripped my hand tighter before he had to let go and Warren held me as I fight against her. "His heart's racing. High fever. Given all the chemicals pumped into his bloodstream, this could be anything." Sun said as I kept fighting. "Check his shoulder." Red told her and I watched as they saw it. "Infected. Damn." Sun said and I fought Warren again.