TWELVE

ASHANTI

Keem wasn't joking when he said I won't be able to walk for days. I haven't left his house for a whole day and I still feel sore.

Eli's been staying at at Gram's house, with his mum so our apartment is basically empty. I haven't spoken to her since she and Gram put the idea that Keem wasn't into me in my head.

Its not even like I'm ignoring her, I've tried to call her, call Gram even but they don't pick up, even if Keem calls, they don't pick up.

"Ma, do you want me to pick up Christelle from school?" I heard him from the kitchen. "... Yeah, don't stress yourself. I'll get her,"

I looked at him as he walked in. He kissed me as he walked past me to the front door. I heard him open it then shut it and then he came back in and put a package on the glass table in front of me.

It looked like drugs.

I frowned and looked at him. "Uhhh, I don't know, Jada hasn't come back from Barbados yet, she's still with Franklin... he's not my father, I ain't calling him dad, I don't care," his voice got quiet as he went back into the kitchen. "... yeah, she's with me but I'm not bringing her to your yard, mum, don't get gassed," he laughed.

I'm guessing he's talking about me.

"... cos she doesn't want to come," he stood in the doorway and looked at me. "Ma, I need to go... Yeah, I love you too, in a bit," he hung up and took the package from the table.

"Was that your mum?" I asked, turning down the volume of The Dumping Ground. Don't judge me guys, I just never grew out of watching kid TV shows.

"Yeah," he opened the package, pulling out his trap phone from his pocket. "She wants me to go pick up my niece from school,"

"Aw, how old is she?" I asked.

"9, but she's a little bitch,"

I laughed. "She's 9, how's she a bitch?"

"She's just jarring." he shook his head. "When you meet her, you'll feel the same way,"

"When?" I asked. "Now?"

"Yeah, baby, you're coming with me," he nodded and smiled, satisfied with whatever was in the package.

"Okay, I need to get ready," I got up.

"Yeah, gwan before you get me turned on," he said quietly, coming towards me and kissing my neck. "Make sure you put some joggers on, I don't want niggas looking at what's mine," he smacked his hands onto my bum, kissing me.

I let go of him and went up the stairs, putting on his grey hoodie over my t-shirt. I looked in the drawer for the clothes Keem had bought me yesterday and wore the black Nike leggings and my Nike Slides on my feet. I put on some lashes after doing my edges qt.

"Ready?" he asked, standing at the door.

"Mm-hm," I followed him outside and then into his car. He started the car and drove out the driveway. I looked at his movements, appreciating everything about him, even his large, veiny hands. I could help but imagine him choking me as he fucked me hard.

Okay, there's something wrong with you, Ashanti.

I cleared my throat and looked through my phone. I opened Snapchat and saw Eli's story. She was back in Leicester with Gram and they were in my ends. I really miss her. I don't know what's going on between us.

"They ain't shit," Keem muttered. "Don't worry about what they're doing,"

I looked at him and shrugged. "I just miss her bare. She's changed,"