FORTY

COUPLE MONTHS LATER
(9 months of relationship)

ASHANTI

"I want this baby out of me," Eli moaned as she sat on the sofa. She's 7 months pregnant now. She suddenly gasped and went quiet. "He's kicking again,"

She always does this. She gets so excited whenever the baby moves. If I was pregnant, I would too. Cos deep it, there's an actual human being in there.

I went over to her and put my head on her stomach. "Hey, my little baller," I smiled.

Eli laughed a little. "Just two more months," she sighed. "And I can finally hold him in my arms."

"Do you know what you're gonna name him?" I asked.

"I feel like me and Tyrese should just wait till he's born. Cos then we'll know what to name him,"

"Mm," I nodded as Keem came into the house.

"Wa'gwan? Woah, you're big," he said to Eli as soon as he say her.

"Yes, Keem. I'm big cos I'm pregnant," Eli said in a demeaning tone.

"Eli, you're not even that big," I said, reassuring her. Her pregnancy is obviously showing but she looks about 5 months pregnant.

Keem laughed a little as he came towards me. "How's the baby, though?"

"He's good. He's very good," she smiled.

"That's good," Keem nodded. He kissed me then went upstairs. "Yo, Ti?" he said as he came down the stairs again.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Levi's coming here," he said. "Right now,"

"For what?" Eli frowned.

"We've got business to handle." Keem looked at his phone. "Strictly business."

I crossed my arms. "Keem-"

"Don't worry, Ti," Keem said. "If he tries anything bookey, I'll kill him. Straight away,"

I didn't know whether or not he was joking so I stayed quiet. I hate Levi. It's not even just the fact that he forced a kiss on me, but it's the fact that he'd had a motive to split me and Keem up from the beginning. And he nearly succeeded.

I heard knocking at the door. Keem opened it. He didn't say a word.

"Yo," I heard Levi speak.

I looked towards the door and saw Levi beat the fuck up. I'm talking black and bloody eye, busted lip, stitches and everything. I didn't know how to react. So I didn't.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Eli asked, in a disgusted tone. She and Levi were actually good friends before what he did to me so I was shocked to hear her speak to him in that tone.

"Got jumped," he said, looking at me for a split second. "Yo, Ti, I-"

"Why the fuck are you talking to her, man?" Keem pushed him forward, away from me. "We had an agreement."