FORTY SEVEN

Ashanti

This is not how I wanted him to find out.

I looked at everyone, feeling so embarrassed.

This is all my fault.

No one said a word.

I suddenly burst into tears and ran upstairs, feeling so ashamed of myself.

Why did I have to get pregnant now? What's wrong with me? Why didn't I just tell Keem as soon as I saw him?

"Ti," I heard Eli come up the stairs straight away.

I deeped she's a whole 8 months pregnant and she's coming up stairs. I came out of the room and met her at the top of the stairs.

She groaned once she got upstairs.

"You didn't need to come up the stairs," I apologised. "I'm sorry,"

"Don't worry about it," she went into mine and Keem's room and sat on the bed. "Ti, talk to me, what just happened?"

I sat next to her and looked at her then started crying again. I put my head on her laps, just crying for what felt like ages.

"This isn't how it was meant to happen." I started. "I was supposed to tell Keem I'm pregnant when we were alone, mum and Gigi weren't supposed to meet today, oh my God. It's all gone so wrong," I cried. "It's all my fault,"

"What?" she sat me up. "This is not your fault. Don't you dare blame yourself for anything that happened just now. Look at me,"

I looked at her, trying not to cry.

"You're gonna be okay. You and Keem will be okay. Your mum and Keem's mum are gonna be okay. Babe, you can't be stressing over shit that's out of your hands."

I nodded, sniffing. "I'm just... so embarrassed,"

She wiped my tears. "Don't cry, sis,"

I hugged her tight. "I love you,"

"Love you more," she hugged me back.

I heard knocks at the door.

I looked and saw my mum. She looked guilty. Eli got up and smiled at her before going downstairs.

"Ti, I didn't mean to-" she started. "I thought he knew already,"

I shook my head.

"I've ruined everything, haven't I?" she hugged me. "I'm sorry, baby,"

"Don't worry about it," I shrugged. "It's happened, ennit,"

"Ti, I fully cussed out Keem's mum. What's wrong with me?" she deeped her actions.

"Yeah, that wasn't good," I said quietly. "Please tell me you apologised."

"Yeah, yes, of course. I feel like shit. I shouldn't have been so rude." mum groaned. "I should've listened,"

"Yeah," I sniffed. "What did Keem say?" I asked.

"He hasn't said a word since you came upstairs," mum said.

"Oh no," I wanted to cry again. "He's angry angry me. He doesn't want this baby,"

"Stop that. Stop those kinda thoughts." mum frowned.

I sniffed and looked at the floor, still sad.

"Let me get Keem up here while I try make it up to his mum." mum stood up.

"... okay," I felt sick.

"Oh, he's here," mum said. I looked up and saw Keem was looking right at me. "Erm, Keem, I just wanna apologise, I-" mum started.