THIRTY SEVEN

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!

Ashanti

I turned off the cooker, pleased with the food I'd just made. I never cook rice and beans so, Keem's lucky I cooked it today. I made some jerk chicken too. And anyways, Hayden's Jamaican too so I'm sure they'll both like it.

He still isn't back from the police station so I'm a bit worried. You see, when I'm worried, I distract myself by cooking and cleaning. It always works.

"Yo, Ti?" I finally heard Keem's voice.

"Yeah?" I smiled a little as I walked into the lounge. "What took you so long?" I asked.

"I... I checked on Rico at the hospital. Was gonna call you but my phone was dead." his tone sounded off.

"Don't worry about it," I came close to him.

"They took the burner so I couldn't call you on that one either, babe," he looked at me and paused.

"It's alright, baby," I said in a soft tone.

He sighed and suddenly had a massive grin on his face. "I missed you,"

I missed you more," I hugged him.

"Yo," Keem's hands went down my back to my bum. He squeezed by bum and pressed my body against him as he kissed my neck.

"Keem-" I started.

"Let's go upstairs," he said in a deep and quiet voice as he kept kissing my neck.

I heard Hayden come down the stairs.

"Who's this?" Keem let go of me slowly.

I looked at Hayden who was looking at Keem up and down. He sat down, still looking at Keem with a stank face. No male in my family ever wants to see me with a boy.

"My cousin. Hayden. He came this morning. His mum kicked him out," I explained. "Cos he's still an immature and stupid likkle boy,"

Keem gave me a look. I know he doesn't want Hayden here. "Ti," he started. "You can't-"

"I know," I nodded.

"-I'm not even tryna be like that but-" Keem gave a 'look'.

"Yeahhh, but he won't be here for long," I said, hitting Hayden's legs off the table.

"Ow," Hayden glared at me then at Keem.

"What are you looking at?" Keem asked him, moving towards the stairs.

"I'm looking at you," Hayden answered in a matching tone.

"Hayden, stop, man," I don't know why he was doing that.

He kissed his teeth.

"Ti, lemme chat to you," Keem said.

"Okay, I'm coming," I said as he went upstairs.

Hayden stood up to go into the kitchen to get food.

"Hayden, what's your problem?" I asked.

"You never said your boyfriend was Keem King," Hayden said. "He's not good for you,"

I almost laughed. "How do you know Keem?"

"He's dangerous in these ends, you know," he said. "My ends too. That nigga runs Lambeth, Southwark, Newham, Lewisham, Greenwich and Croydon. That's my ends,"

"What do you mean, he runs them?" I asked. "He's always here, in Peckham or Brixton,"

"He's a big man. A fucking kingpin," Hayden said.