17. before the worst

Isn't that a scary chapter title?

I just love the script so much.

Honestly, I'm so exited for #3. My friends are like, shut up...

and I say no! If you don't like it, just walk away! 

I'm funny, I know. You're rolling in your seat chucking to yourself now.

Also:

Everytime I lose a reader,

my self confidence goes down.

Don't think I can't see you.

so please stick with me here.

It gets better. I think. Yeah, it does. It should, at least.

Iloveyouall-honesttogod.

Elle (not woods, but still gonna win the prize)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________________________________

With a hop a skip and a ride on the tube, I was at Niall's flat.

I took the key out of my lock and stuck it in, opening it with a satisfying swing.

Suprisingly, he was awake. He was in sweats, wet hair, and no shirt. Oh my. He was sitting on the couch watching early morning news with a bowl of cereal in his lap. He sees me and smirks.

"Could'a knocked."

"I thought you'd be alseep"

"You could'a called."

"I did, I guess you were showering."

"Oh." well look who lost that.

"It's ok," I said, throwing my bag in the chair next to his, squatting next to him on the couch.

"So you and Louis, ey?" He says, staring at the television.

"We aren't dating. That was just to get back at Harry."

"What did he do now?" His eyes never waviering from their gaze at the tele. Poker face. God damn it Niall.

"Uh, he kissed me?" Confidence.

"Why would he do that?"

"That's what I'd like to know. I mean, Suze said that he liked me, but she also said that you and Lou like me, and lets get real- why would all three of you, let alone one of you like me? I mean you guys are all great people, not to mention famous and attractive, and I'm just... I'm barely worth anyone's time. It's just... what was he trying to accompish?"

He took my hands and shook his head.

"Oh Valerie... We need to get you a mirror."

"Am I being hypocritical?"

"Only hopelessly oblivious."

"What's that supposed to mean?" There was now a commerical break. I kicked my feet up on the couch.

"Well for starters, Suzy's a smart little bitch."

"Wai-"

"Hush up. let me finish," he said blushing. This is too cute. Suzy is probably smiling right now. She is a smart ass.

"You're also incredibly pretty in a ' I don't give a fuck' kinda way. Like you could walk out a hurricane and be ready to walk a runway. I don't think there's anything you could do to make yourself ugly. You just get prettier each day."

Now I was blushing. He's sweet. Obviously, I'm too short and troll-like to be a runway model.

"You aren't a stick, which is lovely. You have boobs, which are real. In this day and age that's a miracle. But- your face is the best. How do you not get lost staring at your reflection for hours?"

I really can't take this. Nobody's ever said anything like this to me, actually meaning it. All my friends at dance school were trying to better me, and all boys daying this were trying to get in my pants. Danielle says nice things, but that's not really what she does, complimenting people all the time. I want to record this, soak it all up like a sponge. I also want to run out of the room covering my ears, because he's lying.

"Easily." I retorted. I am a true romantic.

"Ok, Miss sass. But that's the thing- the part of you that's somehow better than your face? Your personality. You didn't, don't, and never will go about caring what others think. You're not aiming to impress. Yet you do. With your sass, and the kindness that's really there. You've not had it easy, you know that? If my parents were like that... ok. Um, well Valerie I just want you to know, you're the best. If I get to be your boyfriend someday, in the near future, I'd be the happiest, luckiest man alive. But I'm also content being friends. I know you need me as a friend now, with Harry and Lou fucking with your head. So I'm not going anywhere. If you need me, want me, whatever, I'll be with you every step."

"Why are you so good?" I say, pulling him in for a hug, as he drags me into his lap, as the sun rises through the blinds.

"Because, you need me to be."