34. Elevator music and fake boyfriends

Who likes the spiffy new cover?

I think it's swell.

Et toi, Jean-claudes?

What If I started calling you all Jean-Claudes?

I wouldn't like that either.

Later Jean-Claude!

XXX Eloise

________________________________________

I tapped my foot. I had my fingers resting on my chin, threatening to be chewed by my teeth. I tried to look nice, but Harry said casual, so I went with some black simple ballet flats, olive chinos, and a sweater. It was a chilly day, and the summer air conditioning was already raking over my skin with it's claws.

My hair was in a bun. A bun! Thats stupid. I quickly yanked it out, letting it fall on my shoulders. I started twirling my hair.

Elevator music chimed it's droning love song, with a soft piano sound. I rolled my eyes. Thank god I was the only one. They all wanted to come, but I only allowed Liam. I realized how much I missed the boy. He was already up there. Loser.

My eyes looked at the hardwood paneling with paintings of trees across the box from each other,, the mirror at the back, the brass railings, the brass buttons, even the lighting fixture told me this elevator was posh and not to be fucked with. You'd be suprised how imtinidating it was.

Floor 23 showed up, and I smiled politely as a very attractive business in his early 30s late 20s hopped on. I flashed him a smile, and he returned it. He was on the phone anyway. I bit my lip as the elevator rose to floor 65 too slowly. So slow. Too. Slow. Yet too fast.

I saw a magazine with my face peek out from his briefcase. Do you understand how freaky that is?

Floor 65. 9 to go.

Jason Mraz's voices filtered through the speakers. My nails were chewed. I had pins and needles striking my foot with all the tingling pain it caused.

Ding.

I smiled at the nice man once more, and exited the box on strings. It was truly scary, once you think about it. I shuddered at the thought of cables snapping, when a very familiar smelling body pulled me in for a hug.

"There you are, you're almost late."

"I'm sorry, traffic."

"tsk tsk. Valerie you're so lucky that it got delayed slightly, or you'd be in boiling water."

"I like how you skip hot and go to boiling."

"It's to get a point across, you know."

What's great about Liam is most boys would try and make a cheeky remark about that, but not Liam. This is why he's dating Danielle, because she doesn't but up with that shit.

He led me to a conference room, with uncomfortable looking wooden chairs with green seats, and a view of the city. It was a room that was trying to be something it wasn't- cheery.

Liam sat down in a chair at the end of the rectangle, so I sat next to him. He nodded. Finally, three men and a women, all in suits, entered.

"Hello, Ms. Thompson, we're One Direction's publicity team, and this is their Manager, Paul Higgins. I believe you spoke with him on the phone yesterday. Also, we're very sorry about the... incident that transpired yesterday. We got you flowers," Said the short woman, with grey flecking her hair, and crow's feet at her eyes, but eyes that shined with copassion.

She said, motioning to the extravagant vase in the center of the table.

"Thank you for these, they're beautiful. Thank you for the kind words too, they're much appriciateed."

"So do you understand why we brought you here today?" Said a stout man, who didn't seem as glad to see me.

"Would you mind reminding me?"

"The way everything has transpired in the eyes of the public... well frankly it doesn't look good for anyone."

"Meaning...?"

"Well, we want you... we want you to date one of the boys."

"Excuse me?"

"Even if you don't want to date them, could you just fake it for us?" said the exasperated man.

"Why?"

"You look like a tramp, dear," Spoke the man in the corner, whos voice I identified as paul.

"Thank you for being blunt. Um, well I understand where you guys are coming from."

"I have a question," Said Liam, who never wanted me to date his bandmates, me being his little sister.

"Fire away," Said the lady, who I shall now call Josephine. Partially because Niall was talking about Josephine, and this is probably her.

"Which boy do you have in mind?"

"Slide show time!" She beamed.

"No, let's just look at the stats."

"Fine, Jim. I worked hard on it!"

"Too bad."

"Ok, so You're often pictured with Harry, but everyone thinks it's much cuter when you're pictured with Louis. Fans of the band prefer you dating Niall by 41%, Louis in second by 23%, and  Harry   has 21%,Zayn gets 9% of the vote, most likely because he just broke up with Vanessa, and 2% want you to date Liam-"

"Not happening."

"We're not aiming for thair either.  However non-fans prefer you with Harry by 36%, Louis in a close second with 35%, Niall closing the vote with 28%, and Liam and Zayn finish with a combined 1%, probably because news of the break-up is still relatively speculate."

"So... who do you think I should... fake date?" Caution coating my voice.

"Niall has a totale of 69%-"

Paul Higgins giggles.

I giggle too.

"Louis has 58%, Harry has 57%, Zayn has 9.5%, and Liam, well he has the rest."

"out of 200%"

"Yes."

"Do you mind which of the boys you fake date?"

"Honestly, not really."

"We'd say either Louis or Niall is best, Harry's an option, although certaintly not best, we don't recommend Zayn because that will spark gossip, and Liam isn't single."

"Who do you think, Li?"

He sighs, and uncrosses his arms, and slumps in his chair, whimpering. 

"Niall, he's my best mate, and we won't break your heart. We know you guys will end up dating."

"Louis would?"

"Well, his last girl-"

"Liam you don't know the full story there," Says Paul.

"No, I don't."

"Paul?"

"yes, Valerie?"

"Who do you think I should fake date."

"They're all great lads, all splendid can't go wrong, I think you should go with Harry though. He really cares about you," He said sighing.

Ok. How do you know, Paul? Choosing a fake boyfriend is tough work.

"So Miss. Thompson, who do you think you'll settle with?"

"I think I'll settle with..."

_________________________________________________________

Not uploading until I get a guess. Sorry. I love you Jean Claudes, I do.

I just  can't decide myself.