22

chaeyoung winced as she was thrown against the lockers.

she sat on the floor, where she fell, aching everywhere.

"i told you to stay away from chan oppa," mina smirked, "he'll never love you, so stop trying."

with that said, she walked away, leaving chaeyoung on the ground with her head down.

many whispers were heard throughout the hall.

"i heard chan and jieun are dating now?"

"yeah, weren't they childhood friends? no wonder they're so close."

those were enough chaeyoung wanted to hear.

she stood up, grabbing her bag, and walked away from the crowd.

as she turned the corner, a smile formed on her face as she saw her childhood friend.

however, her smile faltered when she noticed the arms wrapped around his neck.

chaeyoung swore she saw jieun look up at her with a smirk, before placing her lips on chan's.

tears formed in her eyes as she tore her eyes off from the couple.

she blinked, causing those tears to fall and more to form.

"i should've just stayed home." chaeyoung cursed under her breath, walking out of the school building.

as she arrived home, she went straight to her bedroom, taking out an object she hasn't touched in months.

chaeyoung grimaced as she grazed the blade against her wrist, making little but noticeable markings.

her wrists stung, but the pain went numb after a bit.

she placed the blade down, looking over the beautiful markings she made.

"they'll go away," she muttered, "sooner or later."

chaeyoung went into her bathroom, turning on the cold water and letting it flow on her skin.

she lightly shivered at the cold touch, slowly calming down to its temperature.

her blood washed down the drain, as she watched it with a calm face. she couldn't care less.

as chaeyoung dabbed the cloth on her skin, she noted that she needed some bandages.

going through her cabinet, she finally spotted some bandages.

chaeyoung started, carefully, wrapping her wrists, not making it too tight or too loose.

then, she hopped onto her mattress, ignoring the fact that she was still in her uniform.

the girl grabbed her phone, going into her social media.

as she scrolled through her homepage, she come across jieun's post.

it was a picture of jieun and chan's silhouettes holding hands.

chaeyoung frowned, shutting off her phone.

she stared at the ceiling, many thoughts roamed her head.

"how long have they liked eachother?"

" when did they start dating?"

"did he forget about me?"

chaeyoung felt betrayed, heartbroken. how come it's always me who ends up getting hurt? she asked herself.

she thought back to the little play dates they had together.

from the amusement park, to the karaoke, to the mini cafe dates they squished in between.

was all of it just a joke to chan? is he just playing with my feelings? chaeyoung thought.

so many questions inside her head were left unanswered.

she didn't understand it.

she desperately wanted to ask the boys, but she was too afraid she'd be a bother.

"maybe i fell in love too hard," she thought,

"maybe i'm not good enough."

a/n
i aM SO SORRY NRJGJDJF THAT THANKSGIVING BREAK THREW ME OFF AND IM WAY BEHIND IN MY UPDATING SCHEDULE COUS THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPPOSE TO BE UPDATED TWO DAYS AGO. this is also a short, sucky chapter sO IM ALSO SORRY ABOUT THAT!! ily all sm please dont hate me iLY

 this is also a short, sucky chapter sO IM ALSO SORRY ABOUT THAT!! ily all sm please dont hate me iLY