35

stray kids look over in shock at the sudden yell. what kind of idiot swears in front of kids? well, her—jieun.

she stomps in anger towards the group, "are you deaf? i said get your hands-" chaeyoung clenches her jaw and glares at jieun, "are you stupid? i'm not even hurting her," she says, gently putting the little girl down, and standing protectively in front of her. "ria, come here!" jieun yelled at the little girl.

ria hides behind chaeyoung's legs in fear. "i told you, you couldn't go to the park," she grumbled, "and you didn't listen to me!"

chaeyoung rolled her eyes at jieun, "she just wanted to play, you don't need to yell at her." jieun rages and stomps towards her, and chaeyoung just knows that she'll get hit. the boys step up, standing behind chaeyoung with glares telling jieun to back off. as the teenagers are arguing, daejoon pulls ria with him to the back where all the other kids are. there, the kids hug ria tightly and they all share a soft smile saying 'it's okay.'

the boys stand behind chaeyoung protectively as they all collectively glare down at jieun. there was a lot of tension in the air; everything was silent. even the parents around shared a few glances at the scene. "look at yourself, chaeyoung," jieun glared, "you look like a slut with all those boys you have." she spat. the boys glanced at chaeyoung to see her reaction, but the girl remained still; never breaking her glare. then she smiled, shocking the boys and jieun.

"has anyone ever told you to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say?" chaeyoung spoke calmly. jieun rolled her eyes, but that only says that she has nothing to say back. chaeyoung smiles with a hard glare, "i don't know what happened to you, jieun, but it's not pretty. if you want friends, i recommend that you fix yourself, because no one wants to be seen with someone like you; the way you are right now." jieun clenches her jaw, "shut up! stop trying to-"

"i'm trying to help you."

everyone is speechless with chaeyoung's words. she turns around slightly to motion for ria to come back, and she does so while holding onto her hand. "i'll let you take ria back home, but if i ever see her hurt," chaeyoung smiles, "i think you know what'll happen next." jieun 'tsk'ed and takes ria's hand as they walk off. chaeyoung sighs as they watch the two go, and she hopes that jieun takes in her words and changes.

she turns and looks at the boys only to see that they're staring at her. chaeyoung nervously laughs as she goes to link arms with chan. it was silent for a bit, and then, "wow, you know, you were so cool just now."

the girl shyly smiles and hides her face into her boyfriend's side as the boys just compliment her about the situation. "you were scary too. when you started smiling," hyunjin sweat dropped, "god, you kinda looked like a demon." the boys laugh and chaeyoung hits hyunjin's shoulder playfully, "shut up!"

the group waves goodbye to the kids and walk back home side by side. it was a calming walk, with a comfortable silence. they walked with soft smiles, sharing light laughs that filled the air. chaeyoung knew that jieun would never go back to the sweet and kind girl she once knew, but telling her all that earlier released a bit of weight on her chest. seeing her reaction earlier spurred a little bit of hope, but she doubts it'll happen.

chaeyoung intertwines her fingers with chan's as they rock their hands back and forth, smiling at each other. the group shared this soft moment that they rarely had together. but they hoped that moments like these would happen more in the future.

a/n :
short chapter ,, im sorry!! i get random bursts of motivation sometimes and work on the wrong story ahhh ..
go live is such an amazing album. i think skz world domination >:)) remember to stream god's menu and vote !! we'll give our boys their third win that they deserve. and don't start or get involved in any fanwars. i know other fandoms are being unfair rn, but ignore them and release your anger on streaming and voting instead. like chris said, stays, you guys are better than that <3