Chapter Twenty

Arnav scrunched his eyebrows. "Khushi what's wrong? Why did you gasp? Did I hurt you?"

Khushi shook her head. "No, its not that!"

Arnav looked at her confused. "Then?"

"I called you by your name! I'm so sorry-"

"Wait what?" Arnav chuckled slightly. "What's the deal in saying my name."

"You're not supposed to! It's bad if a wife calls her husband by his name," she pouted slightly.

"Nonsense. I don't believe in that crap."

"But-"

"Call me by my name. Or else I'll be mad at you."

"But-"

"I'm leaving."

Arnav got up and turned to leave, but Khushi reached out, just as Arnav had expected.

"Please don't leave me Arnav. You're all I have," she said in a low voice.

It hurt Arnav to hear that. Not just hurt but angered him. The way her parents were... it just pissed him off! Arnav turned back to Khushi and sat beside her and hugged her, holding her securely. Khushi held onto Arnav and relaxed in his arms.

A while later, Arnav looked at her. "Tired," he asked, holding her face in his hands.

Khushi nodded. "Mm hmm."

Arnav laid her back and laid beside her. He pulled up the black silk comforter and covered them both up. Khushi moved over to snuggle into Arnav and Arnav smiled.

"You smell good," Arnav teased.

"Really? What do I smell like," Khushi asked confusedly.

"Like sex."

Khushi gasped and blushed and then hid her face within Arnav's chest. Arnav chuckled and Khushi felt it vibrate off his chest.

The two eventually fell asleep and slept into the evening. When Khushi woke up, she didn't see Arnav next to her. She got up but didn't see him. Khushi removed the comforter and then quickly placed it back, remembering she was stark naked. She looked at her sundress which was wet from earlier.

"Now what," she said aloud to herself, biting her fingernail.

Khushi slowly got up and wrapped the comforter around her. She checked the bathroom, but Arnav wasn't there. She checked the closet but he wasn't there either. She went out and saw Arnav on the phone.

"Are you serious," he said excitedly. "Dad you're the best! I love you! ... 'kay bye. ... yes I'll tell Khushi you called."

Arnav hanged up and turned to walk back to the room when he saw Khushi. He looked her up and down, admiring her in the black silk. It went perfect with her soft milky skin and Arnav's breath was taken away. Khushi noticed the way Arnav was looking at her and blushed. She tucked her hair behind her ear as Arnav went towards her.

"You look beautiful," Arnav whispered.

Khushi blushed. "Thank you, but it's just the comforter."

"Khushi, you could be wearing a potato sack, and you'd still be beautiful."

Khushi was touched by his words and then looked up at him. "Papa called?"

Arnav nodded. "You won't believe it! My father had given me some money to start up my own company last fall. It started to build and my father said that it expanded even more! We have money to open a whole bunch of branches around the country. And foreign countries are demanding for us!"