Chapter Sixty Six

Waking up in the morning, Khushi was greeted by the sound of her son cooing. When she opened her eyes, she found him sitting before her, waving his giraffe.

"G'morning."

Khushi looked up to see Arnav walking around her. He placed a kiss on her forehead before sitting back down, a little bowl in his hand with a spoon. He took Aarav into his lap and began to place spoonfuls of cereal into Aarav's mouth while the little one played with his giraffe.

"He didn't cry this morning," Khushi asked.

"Nope. I woke up not that long ago and when I looked at the monitor, I found him sitting in his crib, playing with the giraffe."

Khushi smiled.

"The thing has powers, I'm not even joking."

"And it's getting rather dirty," Khushi chuckled as she watched her son blow rasberries, spitting out cereal onto the giraffe.

For a moment, Khushi laid there, watching her husband and her son - it was just too perfect. But the moment was cut soon, Khushi feeling her bladder kick in, so she got up, feeling Arnav's eyes on her as she left the room. She quickly washed up and put on a robe, which was hanging behind the bathroom door. She walked over to the walk-in closet and put on a yellow romper before joining her husband and son.

"Whoa!"

Khushi was fixing her hair, but at the sound of her husband, her eyes met his, only to find him gawking at her exposed legs while his hand holding the spoon hovered in the air, poor Aarav unable to get his food. Khushi couldn't help her chuckle and went over to them, taking Aarav from him, as well as the bowl of cereal, and fed the little one.

"Where did you get that," Arnav asked.

"I told you, Lavanya and I went shopping," she chuckled.

"And who's idea was it to buy this?"

"Lavanya," she admitted.

"Remind me to get her a huge present."

"Arnav!"

"Well the brat did something right, this is the first time in our 3 years of marriage that I've seen you expose your legs."

Khushi rolled her eyes, bringing her attention back to Aarav, who had just finished. She helped him to release a burp, and the little one did. Khushi removed his bib and got up to get him changed, when she noticed Arnav still gawking at her.

"Arnav, for the love of- would you stop," she laughed.

"Well I can't help it, I'm shocked."

Khushi rolled her eyes with a grin. "Clearly you forgot what I wore during our honeymoon."

"As if, I would never, but that's different."

"How so?"

"That was our honeymoon."

Khushi couldn't help her chuckle and headed out the room.

"We're moving," Khushi heard Arnav holler out, and she laughed, Aarav looking at her oddly.

"Dada is silly, isn't he? Isn't he," she cooed.

Aarav laughed and cooed, waving his giraffe. "Mmm!"

"That's right, say mama! Say mama!"

"Muh!"

Khushi grinned as she entered her son's room. She headed to the bathroom to freshen him up a bit, before changing him out of his clothes. Today they would be spending some time at the beach. So she dressed him up in a light onesie and lathered both of them up with sunscreen.