Chapter Fifty Two

"What the-?! Ammu went into labor? How? When-?"

"We had just stepped out of the room and just like that, her water broke! She- Jaaneman!"

Aryan dashed over to Shalini, who was sitting in a wheelchair, holding onto her stomach, breathing heavily as a nurse pushed her.

"Jaaneman, are you okay?"

"Just breathing," Shalini replied. "It's been so long since this last happened."

The nurse pushed open the door to the room across from Khushi's and Aryan followed her in. They helped Shalini to lay down and as more nurses came in to do their work, Dr. Fields soon followed in.

"Alright Mrs. Raizada, looks like I'll be taking care of both of you for now."

"What do you mean for now," Aryan asked.

"If both are ready to push at the same time, I won't be able to deliver both babies. If that is the case, we have another doctor on stand-by, she is one of our top doctors, there won't be anything to worry about."

Shalini yelped out and Aryan dashed to her side.

"Jaaneman, are you okay?"

"Fucking contractions," she gritted.

"Dad, are you going to be okay here," Arnav asked.

"We'll be fine Chote, go to Khushi."

Arnav nodded and left the room, dashing over to Khushi, just as Dr. Fields was about to check how far along Shalini was.

Arnav entered Khushi's room and went over to her side. "Hey baby," he said softly, running his fingers through Khushi's hair.

Khushi opened her eyes and smiled at him softly. "Hey. How's Ammu and Papa doing? I'm sure sitting there like that is uncomfortable for Ammu."

"Uh, actually...."

Khushi looked at him curiously.

"Let's just say my little sister is a little too eager to come out."

"What? Ammu is in labor?"

Arnav nodded. "She's not there yet, but Dr. Fields is taking care of her as well."

"That's good- ah! "

Khushi reached out and gripped Arnav's hand as another contraction came along.

"Wow they're coming in closer than before," Khushi said, biting her lower lip.

Just then, Dr. Fields came into the room. "Another contraction?"

Khushi nodded.

Dr. Fields nodded as well as she out on a pair of gloves. "Let's see how you're doing."

"I hope far enough."

"Well... you're at 6 centimeters," she said, removing her gloves. "It'll take a little bit more time."

Khushi sighed and Arnav ran his thumb over Khushi's hand.