Transplant

Separate AU. Inspired after a cute video.

Emotional

---

Jungkook discretely turned his phone's camera to you as he sat on the floor of your living room. You sat on the couch, a faint smile on your face as you scrolled through stuff on your phone while Jimin sat at the other end of the couch from you. It was just the three of you at home today, and it was just a couple days after Christmas.

"So, what were your two biggest wishes this holiday?" Jimin asked you.

You looked up at him. "Me?"

He nodded. "I already know Jungkook's. It was games and his own room."

"Which I deserve," Jungkook whined.

"Well," you started. "One of them was to have GOT7 visit for Christmas since I haven't seen them recently."

"Did they come?" Jimin asked.

You looked at him weirdly. "Of course. You were there. And we all had a lot of fun."

"So, what was your other one?"

Your lips pressed together as you thought. Jimin knew what it was, but he had a surprise planned for you. "My other wish was to get a heart."

When you were born, the doctors told your parents that your heart had a defect, but it wasn't serious. They told them to keep an eye on it as you grew older in case your condition worsened. And your heart held up well over the years until you started middle school.

Your condition seemed to slowly get worse. Your brothers scheduled many doctor appointments to keep track of it. You were on medicines and went through several procedures, but nothing seemed to help it. The doctors lost hope in preserving the heart you had been born with and told your brothers that you would need a transplant. After that, you prayed every night that you'd be gifted with a brand-new heart, but you felt like it wouldn't come soon enough.

"But, I don't think I'm going to get one," you continued, somberly.

"What do you mean?" Jimin looked at you confused as if he didn't understand your sadness.

"The doctor hasn't called us and told us that there's one ready for me," you answered, looking down at your hands in your lap. "But it's okay, I guess. I'll just have to wait a little longer."

"But you are," Jimin said, grinning. "Soon."

You blinked. "I am?" You looked at Jungkook. "Am I?"

Both boys nodded. "They called Christmas Day," Jungkook told you.

You placed your hands on your cheek as your excitement rose. "Are you serious?"

Both nodded again. "This isn't something I'd lie about," Jimin replied.

You felt tears prick your eyes. "I can't believe it," you cried.

Jungkook stopped the video and stood from his spot on the floor. "Hey, why don't we go see where the others are and meet up for lunch and have a celebratory meal?"

You looked at Jimin. "Oh, can we? Please?"

Jimin smiled. "Whatever you want."

---

have a merry weekend :)