The New Recruit

"You did great for your first time" grunted an old man with a wounded eye. He looked at the thin, younger man with a really fascinated face "Who teaches you?"

"... Vermouth?" He said dubiously, with a shrug on his shoulder

"No way" he looked at him closer then grabbed his hand "she would never use this heavy type. She prefers lighter ones“ he took the UMP9 from his hand before aiming at the human target on the illuminated screen "this one used to be Calvados's" and made a perfect score, with a record of just a second faster than the younger man wearing dark glasses behind him

The younger man stood there, still with a lax posture making no comments whatsoever about the topic. He lazily played with the toothpick that was tucked in one of his white teeth

"You might have the skill" The bigger built-man once again leered at him then aimed the gun to the boy's head "but I doubt you'd have the courage" he scrutinized him while ignoring the fact that he was raising his gun to someone he took under his wings on his own, that eagerly stepped out of police force to join them instead

The boy, again, did nothing but grin "Want me to prove it, again...?" His sharp eyes were looking at the one that was his superintendent in police forces, that were being called Rum in this shady place, confronting him whether to take action or to cool it  down

“Prove it on your first task tomorrow" he finally lowered his hand to put the firearm back on the high stand beside him and growled "I make no mistakes. You better, too"

"At least he had the guts to confront you, Rum" a woman's voice was heard from the back along with a sound of a sliding door "that's my boy" said the golden-haired beauty, wearing her too tight black leather jumpsuit that were zipped below her busts "I heard you mentioning my name?"

Vermouth, the woman who was being mentioned, glided down directly to the boy's side then tucked her hand around his, deliberately making her breasts touch the boy's arms tightly, without a sheet of barrier around them "Miss me?"

"You wish" he looked clearly disgusted then he too, deliberately moved his hand from her clutches, and made a beeline towards the exit to leave the two alone

"Tsk" she looked bored with no sign of anger "don't pick on him too much, would you?" she took the UMP9 assault rifle from the stand then aimed "he's playing hard to get" she shot all the target perfectly then threw the gun at him "and don't you dare claim as if you know me inside out, Rum"

He glared at her, obviously looking not pleased with her attitude "You might be in Anokata's favor, Vermouth" he tucked her chin up so that the beauty were looking at him "but it was a different case with me"

"Jealous?" She sneered

"What are you playing at this time?" He ignored her mischief "you do know that he is my subordinate, don't...?" his speech was being cut with her aiming another gun to his jaw but he was too fast. She was aiming for his head from low angle that made the tip of the gun pointed into his jaw. But he ducked so the bullet went up into ceiling instead.

"Just so you know" she said "I don't wanna play with a dirty old man like you" she made it so that her gun was safe under her hips again in just a millisecond "he is different though" she slapped her own chin as if trying to get his mark out of her "Such a rare gem... I wonder how it felt to have it in my hand"

He grunted "Know your barriers, woman" then pointed his specially built cammock to her "or else...!"

"... you’re no fun" she pouted then went out of the room "I just wanna taste him a bit"

'I really want to know how my Silver Bullet tastes, or should I say, Moonshine...?' She thought and smiled

'You have never ceased to impressed me. What will you do now that you are here once again, Kudou Shinichi?' Thinking that, she wondered to the direction of him and lit up her cigarette before she put it in her mouth.

A/n :
Hello, I'm baaaaack ~
It was just a glimpse of spoilers for the next arc.

Taking interest on the story? Comment down and vote for more ;)