Twilight

-----Sunday, 11.10 P.M.  Alor Island Airport, Departure Gates-----

As I walked through the immigration door, I remembered all the things that happened before. I cannot shake the empty feeling I got since we waved each other a good bye at Ari-san's inn. Shinichi were smiling, he kissed me before I took my seat in the front with Mamoru-kun. This time, rather than "I am sorry" I could hear him said "Thanks, Ran. Wait for me" with eyes that full of life.

I'm glad he did. I'm glad we were both able to come to our mutual understanding, living our life with hope and joy until the time for us to reunite come.

"Are you afraid, Mamoru-kun?" I asked him once we put our seatbelt in the plane's cabin, he took the window seat

"I am. But uncle told me to be strong. And he and Shinichi-oniichan promised me that everything will be better. So I will wait and do my best" I smiled and adored him, what a mature way of thinking this child has "besides, Ran-neechan is here. So I'm not afraid" she smiled back at me.

As our plane took off, I drifted to sleep, releasing the tense and nerves my body has been feeling after we went to the beach. The memory of the twilight in the sea coming back vividly...

-----Sunday, 04:.10 P.M.  Lingal Beach, Alor Island-----

Shinichi was crying. He was crying helplessly.

Seeing him crying like that in front of me, something stirred within my inside. He was in pain; seeing him like this pained me, too. And I know I was the source of this.

Although I had promised myself to be tough, in the end I ended up crying again. Hurting him again like when I cried over him for a foolish reason that is my own pain and sorrow.

He didn't deserve this; he didn't need to be hurt just because of my foolishness and selfishness. He needed me to be strong at this moment. So, I decided to stand up and reach him, being the one to be dependable in times like this.

He seemed a bit surprised as I touched his cheek with both of my hands, forcing him to look at me. I want him to look at me.

Yes, look at me, Shinichi. I'm no longer crying, I'm no longer in pain. I understood. And I will stand up for you, for us; this time.

You don't have to feel sorry for me. I want to get rid of that guilt lingering in your eyes. I want to erase that sorrow and pain in your heart. I want to ease your burden within your shoulder. I want to become the source of your strength, not the opposite. Now, please let me soothe your wounds. Let me lighten your mood. Let me erase your fear. Let me be the one for you, as you are for me.

He seemed to understand that even though I said nothing. As he circled his arms around me, we hugged each other as if we would never let go.

"Shinichi... Hug me..." I made my decision: I want to be his, and I want him to be mine. It has always been like that, and I'm not gonna regret it.

At first he was hesitant. He'd look me in the eyes and ask me again and again. But my firm answer finally gave him the courage. Courage to take our relationships into the next step.

I know maybe this is too soon for a normal couple. But I guess we are not normal –considering we had been together since childhood- and had already developed the feelings of affection in early stage, this is not too sudden.

However the consequences that may take in the future, I trust that Shinichi will be there –in any form he could- and be the gentlemen he is, he would take every responsibility upon himself. Even if that wasn't the case, I still want to be with him; holding him tight even for just a night.

This way, I hope I could reach him and be the light he needed whenever he'd lost in the dark.

This way, you will have the push you need to come back to me. So, this is not a goodbye. I would never make it a goodbye for us "I'm fine, Shinichi. Everything will be fine. Because I know you will come back to me"

I smiled and cried as he hugged me tightly, releasing all the pain and worry he had been restraining himself with. In that moment, eternity feels like just a mere word; word itself couldn't describe how we feel. And at that time, I know I had found my purpose of life.

To be with him.

We were holding hands as the waves hit our bare feet.

Our path would divert in two, but our goals were the same. Thinking that, I managed to control my fear and face whatever future will be for us.

I will be fine, Shinichi.

You too, take care and stay safe.

Until we meet again...

A/n :
Ahem,,, what do you think happened in the beach?
Feel free to give me suggestions. Until then, I would leave it to your imagination 🤫
Oops, it's already late. But I managed to give you Friday Treat,, congrats me! Therefore, I'd vote for myself, lol