39

"Yoongi—" Jin had been trying to calm the man down ever since they got back to their hotel. Feeling the anxiety stored within their beings because they only had an hour to get the money transferred. And an hour to keep themselves alive.

"50,000 fucking dollars." With a laugh, Jin watched Yoongi smash his fist into the wall. Not even feeling the immediate pain that arose within his bones as he tossed his head back with his shoulders shaking as he does so.

And Jin knew why he was so upset. Why he was so in his head and why he was lashing out so badly. Because he felt just like his father. The same man who had gotten himself fucked over oh so many times. And the same man who's constant lying got him killed. But Yoongi was nowhere near being the man himself. But was instead everything his father wasn't.

"Yoongi, we don't have time for this." Jin had to control his own rage. Because he couldn't deny the anger lingering within his being. Having now seen the true colors of YongJu. A man who he had always looked up to like a father.

And all that was to come from the words exiting his lips, was silence. Silence that was so eerie. And so dense that each of them could practically hear the beating of their hearts. And the boiling of their blood.

"I need to call Jimin. I can't do this without their help—"

"But Ming—"

"What about her?!" Yoongi spat out. Giving a scoff towards the elder who could see the danger in his gaze. "I can't die, Jin. I can't leave the one person who's sacrificed so much for me." There were unknown tears beginning to well in his eyes. Tears that held so much pain within them. Because he needed Ming right now. He needed her to snap him out of this. He needed her to tell him that he's nothing like his father and that she loves him. Because the anxiety was practically killing the man. And the guilt from the promise he told the girl herself; he wouldn't leave her.

So Jin stayed quiet. Emitting a sigh from his lips as Yoongi pulled his phone from out the pocket of his slacks. Immediately calling Jimin who answered almost instantly.

"Who is it?" Yoongi could hear Ming's gentle voice coming from the other line. Followed by a giggle of Jungkook's name after he stole a piece of food from her plate, seeing as though the three were having dinner.

"Hyung." Jimin ignored Ming's question with a smirk. Receiving a glare from the woman who playfully slapped a hand across his arm. And she could see the sudden change in Jimin's expression. Feeling the sudden drop of her stomach as her eyes rounded in complete fear.

"How much?!" Jimin's words were enough to have Ming's lips already beginning to tremble as she tried to grab the phone from him. Having Jungkook pull her back as he whispered out a quick it's okay. Feeling the scattered eyes of people lingering within the restaurant they were in due to the volume of Jimin's voice.

And never before had she seen Jimin become so serious as he stood to his feet with a rushed lets go. Thrashing enough money on the table to pay for their meals as the three got to their feet in an unruly manner. One of them being Ming who could feel the tears that welled in her eyes. Blurring her vision as she angrily brushed them away. Because she was tired of seeing the man she'd do anything for risk his life even more than he already has. Knowing that this wasn't Yoongi's fault. That the man who she knew he saw as everything had fucked him over. It being the same man who had acted so kindly towards her.

"Give me the phone, Jimin." She was no longer sad. Or worried. Because she also knew that Yoongi was fucking ruthless when it came to having to survive. And that he'd do fucking anything to keep himself alive.

"Ming—" Cut off, Jimin couldn't even speak another word before the phone was taken from his hand. Being planted directly onto Ming's ear as she stuttered out a breathy call of Yoongi's name. Swallowing down the tears still dwelling within the softness of her eyes as her lips continued to tremble.

"Kitten. . ." Yoongi couldn't help but close his eyes from just the sound of her voice. Resting his head against his forearm that was pressed against the wall. Trying to focus on her. And only her.

"Baby, listen to me." Ming couldn't even control the shuddering of her voice. Or the boiling of her blood. Because she was fucking infuriated. Realizing why the man was so fucked up in the head. Why it took him so long to trust her. And why he was so fucking ruthless. Because there was always someone who had a motive when it came to the man himself. And there was always someone who was craving to take the mans place.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me, right?" Her words were so shaky. Holding nothing but angst as they rang through his ears. And all Ming got in return was silence. Silence that had her heart breaking with each second passing by. "Yoongi, answer me—" She had to cut herself off from the broken sob that escaped her lips. Followed by the sudden depth of Yoongi's voice. His voice that harshly came through the line.

And the two could feel the eyes of the others surrounding them. Ming having Jungkook and Jimin's gaze completely trained on her. And Yoongi having Jin and Hoseok's eyes never leaving the mans frame.

"I promise, Ming. . . I promise." He did. And he'd do fucking anything to live up to his words.

"Then come home, Yoongi. . . I want you to come home." And Yoongi knew what she meant behind her words. Laying out an unsaid message to the man who only earned a sudden hello from Jimin. The boy who followed Yoongi's directions like they were second nature. Doing just as told as he drove to the private bank that they used. Not letting themselves take the risk of ever getting caught so stupidly. Because it wouldn't take a genius to know that handling that type of money would be an immediate red flag.

So Jimin made sure to go through the people who were just as corrupted as them. Having done this more times than he could even remember as Ming and Jungkook stayed put. Waiting for the night to end. All while Yoongi waited for a call from Manseok. A call that came quicker than he thought it would as he answered the thing with trembling fingers. Noticing the decrease in time as the strength of his grasp practically crushed the device itself.

"Perfect timing. . ."

Hello my little kittens !! I'm so sorry for my lack of frequency, I've just been so busy ㅠㅠㅠ also i've been looking back at my others books. . . yuck. Wish I could delete all of this shit, lmao. Vent time is over now, lol.
Ily guys!! Tysm for reading ^.^