-Chapter✧Two-

✧MILESTONES✧

♕♕

◊━━━━━✥━━━━━◊

***

━━━━━▼━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

***

As the months carried, the traits for either child started to kick into overdrive. The both of them held curiosity, however, Cassiopeia was much more of an observer and ranged as the silent type while Sirius held enough energy to be rambunctious for the two of them.

Already throwing his mother into silent fits sounded out as stern yellings, not that she didn't adore her children. It was rather frustrating how young they were at the current moment, Hogwarts seemed like a lifetime away for her. But she took a deep breath and held Cassiopeia close to her chest and shook her head down to Sirius.

"Sirius Orion Black, you know better than to throw your sister's toys." She scolded, it had made Aurora quiet upset that her brother had done that. Only so soon after she had started to sit up and babble sort of sayings to certain people. Sirius had looked up to the little girl in his mother's arm, still trying to stop herself from the tears as she held onto her mother.

"Sowy Rowy." The boy mumbled, he was now a year and some odd months old and Cassiopeia was just turning a year. She looked from her mother down to her brother and she inched her little arms out to be placed back down to the floor. Taking the toy the boy was offering as she fell back and giggled. The boy too started to giggle and crawl further towards her, a game of tackling never hurt anyone as their mother had rested the responsibility back onto Kreacher to stop them from doing anything particularly dangerous.

***

It was another event when Sirius was able to walk, the boy was difficult to find as he'd run around the house. Run circles around his younger sister who was all too eager to use her own limbs, only to fall onto her bum and pout as she wasn't old or strong enough to manage.

Orion found it quite entertaining, especially when he found Sirius hiding under his desk in the study. Claiming to want to help 'daddy' work, but it ended with his father tickling him with a feather.

Some of his friends would be shunning him for the amount of affection that he is giving his children. But as young as the two were. He truly found himself in awe, Orion sought himself as being a good father, to watch over them and to settle their digressions while they slept.

Aurora would wake in the middle of the night only to find her father looming over her, she giggled and squirmed. So the only hope her father had in not waking up her brother would be to abide by her wishes and go out to the balcony to showcase her to the world.

"There...Is your cousin Bella, Cissy, and Andy...Over here is Siri, and me...Do you know where you are my lil Cassi...Right—there." She giggled as she enclosed herself into her father's hold as he continued to sit back and feel the content wash over himself. 

Two children, beautifully born and so full of life...Yes. He was more than happy.

***

Terrible twos were an understatement, Cassiopeia didn't do much else other than cry in compliments to her loud teething while Sirius wanted nothing more than to comfort his sister. It annoyed her to no ends, they were forced to be separated until the horrors were over and she was able to go a day without feel the pain.

Their parents worried that something was horribly wrong with her, but found that nothing was the cause other than shifting baby teeth. So when she smiled, her parents allowed to fall back as her perfect little teeth had finally settled.

Sirius was over the moon happy, to have his little sister back to run around and play. However, it was time to venture out of the house for a special occasion.

There was a scheduled get together at the Lestrange house, as a marriage contract was beinge set for the two boys of the household. Although Bellatrix was barely starting her years at Hogwarts and her sisters soon to follow. 

It was never too early to seal the lock to protect what will happen when they are to leave Hogwarts.

However, it left their youngest to play with both Cassi and Sirius out in the gardens for the day. The three managed to get in a bit of mischief, the boys settled for Cassiopeia to be the distraction as she was pushed to pouting and wanting attention from her mum.

Only for Sirius and Rabastan to steal a bundle of cookies off the counter for them all to share on their little play area. It was true to their Slytherin nature to be cunning and deceitful. But it was clear that Rabastan already seemed to have a fair liking to Cassiopeia as he would hold her, help her to her unsteady feet.

Sirius didn't know what to make of it, but he did not like someone so close to his sister in that sort of way. Preemptively starting arguments for future gatherings or even the time when they go to Hogwarts.

However, it wasn't Rabastan's intention, instead it was his ability to be the oldest to someone. Sirius was older by a few months and that was clearly shown, but to Cassiopeia? She was merely just younger in his eyes.

"Raba no!" She would shout, and it filled his chest with childlike pride that he had someone pouting in his own mist. So he handed back the toy that she had just laid down before returning the doll back to it's original position. His mother had gifted the young girl a few dolls, and she was playing with them, brushing their hair and babbling.

He wanted to play too, but didn't know what sort of game it was. So he just sat and watched as she was content on hugging and fixing their clothes.

Sirius on the other hand found it strange, shockingly enough. He had grabbed his sister and pulled her back into his lap. Even if he was a bit bigger in size, it wouldn't last all that long. She was content in his hold as he glared to Radastan.

◇──◇───────◇──◇

Date Posted: 01-05-19

Time: 7:13

Words: 1099

Edited:

Date: 05-0-19 // Words: 1105

◇──◇───────◇──◇

◇──◇────◇────◇──◇