-Chapter✧SixtyOne-

✧STRUGGLE WITH DEATH✧

♕♕

◊━━━━━✥━━━━━◊

***

━━━━━▼━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

***

When morning came around, Rory found herself drifting in and out of autopilot. Underneath her heavy fur coat and pinned to her black dress did she have her Ravenclaw gifted pride in hopes that it would give her Uncle proper rest.

The small laced veil that she wore signaled that she was closer to the deceased than most there, but it was nice to be hiding behind some fabric. However the interlocking of Regulus' hand into hers was the aid she needed. "As the Universe?" The said smile trembled for a moment before she breathed the final line of the prayer...

It wasn't her first funeral and she knew it wouldn't be her last, but this was indeed the first that struck her as hardest as the rest. Cissy was good support, as were her other uncles. But otherwise her parents and grandparents were solid statues, they were the elders which reflected the amount of emotion that showed in public.

They were still children, the tears were normal.

Aurora stared at the grave for quite some time, wondering fruitfully if her Uncle lived his life the way he wanted. He was single when he died, perhaps his little fling but otherwise a bachelor until his death bed.

"Come Cassiopeia, we have an appointment with the ministry," Walburga ordered, she turned for a moment and nodded before bowing her head to the grave more and prayed.

Her mother was showing her distaste vividly, causing Orion to glare at his wife. 

"Shaming her for being religious won't take the pain away darling." The women gritted her teeth and watched her daughter return, the setting frown would be needed to be restored with ounces of lotion to stop premature wrinkles.

That is what Walburga Black was thinking at her brother's funeral.

For one reason or another, it was easier to walk through the ministry. Aurora wondered if Rabastan's father was in today, Mister Lestrange worked in the International Magical Office of Law, usually with the French connections. But it was rather interesting as it was important to keep tabs on all countries, or she thought so at the very least.

It was something that Rabastan was leaning into, which was grand as she could actually see him accomplishing that of his father. His internship last summer proved it.

However the office they had managed to find was the department of affairs, simply for those with wills and contracts. No doubt that these people knew who she was marrying, but that was beside the point.