-Chapter✧ThirtyFour-

✧NEW YEAR, OLD ANGER✧

♕♕

◊━━━━━✥━━━━━◊

***

━━━━━▼━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

━━━━━▲━━━━━

***

This had been the first time since Aurora and Rabastan had shared their first kiss that they weren't together for New Year's eve. But to be fair it didn't really matter, as he was depressed through all the events and venues with his partner. Aurora was thriving, course she never really tried any tasteful wines as most she had drank were ancient in terms of being saved for the specific date.

However she was currently with the boys in a realm of swirling sparklers that Hope had brought, and for Aurora, it felt like an exploding wand that she continued to twirl around outside.

Course she was a bit tipsy in regards to anything else. So she was a giggling mess to the well-seasoned sporting of the drinks. 

"Merlin Rory, your tolerance for booze is bloody dreadful." She of course trailed off with factual evidence, claiming that he would probably be angrier if she did have a tolerance.

It was entertaining to see, especially since Remus was taking extra care for her as his inner wolf was pulling closer towards Salem, while in his eyes it had always been Aurora herself that had sparked his interest.

Full of teasing and battering, finally gave the boys a few of Aurora's secrets that she hides. Especially that Harper had a little fancyment to Sirius in the beginning of the year but then moved on.

Same with Izzy.

So when Remus said that maybe fresh air would work for Aurora to calm down a bit, everyone pointed fingers off to Remus considered he was always considered to be the mum friend of the group.

For once in Aurora's life did the cold not bother her, yet Remus still managed to have her cloak and blanket secured around her just in case.

"Look there you are moony moon." She snorted, he was in a world of admiration as he shook his head and followed her festive lead.

"Okay okay, I get it...And I like the ring by the way." He nudged her playfully, but unlike sober Aurora, she almost toppled over. So in his fear of the situations did he catch her all before was due to fall, yet the sound of her giggles allowed him to breathe a sigh of relief.

Relatively speaking he was scared to share his true feelings to anyone, let alone the young girl before her. So as they heard the given count down into the new year, Remus himself was feeling the butterflies growing in his stomach. To be polite he was simply going to kiss her cheek, that would be innocent enough, wouldn't it?