Chapter Ten - Changes

C H A P T E R
T E N

Keraun and Wynter was scrolling down the sidewalk of the pier as the rain hit against their skin lightly.

They were in the middle of finishing off the floor plan of the house when the rain started and instead of Wynter running from it to head home. She just started walking in the opposite direction with the rain cascading down her body.

Being the gentleman at heart that his parents raised—he followed behind Wynter to make sure that she was one hundred percent good today because he found himself snapping her out of her fairytale life all day today while at work.

"How's your daughter?" Wynter asked while catching some raindrops in her hands.

"She's good. She was released from the hospital today. Thanks for asking—I'a preciate it."

She nodded and looked off on the dock watching the rain hit against the water giving off this little sound. It was soothing to her and it was like music to her ears.

After getting back to the house last night. Wynter ignored Riley the whole drive there and when they got inside. Riley tried over and over again to hold a conversation with Wynter but she just wasn't budging.

The weight of the world felt like it was on her shoulders. Preparing to get this house in order for the governor was stressing her because she had to spend every awakening day making sure he didn't want last minute changes or making sure the crew didn't screw up on the design.

Then it was dealing with Riley and her little behavior as of lately. It was like she had a new agenda to piss Wynter off on a daily and she was getting tired of it. She didn't feel bad for ignoring Riley either. To her it was a perfect lesson even though she still wanted to beat her ass.

Having sex in her house like she was grown and paying bills in that shit. The disrespect was motherfucking real.

The thought of Riley taking her for a joke did run across her mind a lot so Wynter did the next best thing and cut off her phone. Took her electronics, car keys and had her in the house all day everyday. Riley couldn't even go get food if she was dying.

Wynter wasn't playing that shit. However, with Riley phone not being on there was no way that Wynter would be receiving the hourly texts but she was that upset with her child that she just didn't care anymore.

This was the consequences of not listening, this was the consequences of making her feel like a bad parent—she had to make Riley feel like she didn't care about knowing she was good or showing that the situation just switch their whole relationship even if it did.

If Riley kept doing shit like this and not get punish for it she would think that it was okay for her to keep doing and Wynter wasn't up for the cat and mouse game. The next time some shit popped off with Riley she wasn't going to hold back from fucking her up like she should've done in the first place.

Wynter hated to feel disrespected and her child disrespecting her felt like Riley was just spitting in her face; give them an inch and they take a whole fucking yard and then some.

"We're going to catch a cold."

"Nobody asked you to come." Wynter sassed before trying to walk off.