Chapter Thirty Five - Pain & Improvement

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y
F I V E

In the two months that's passed by, Wynter only remembered her parents and little pieces of information regarding her friends. Everyone was still supporting her heavily and just waiting for her to get back to one hundred percent.

Today she was meeting up with Vanessa to relive one of her most traumatic experiences that she's been through in life. Over the course of trying to get better within herself physically and mentally—Wynter managed to make a friend out of Vanessa and she wasn't a bad person to talk to or be around.

Her braces was now placed on her teeth now; she just had to get right with eating and talking all over again. The braces was placed in her mouth for a week straight but she had yet to talk and say something to anyone.

Some part of her wasn't ready to talk because she didn't want to possibly hear her voice crack at the thought of not knowing what exactly happened to her and every time she asked someone; they would freeze up and switch the conversation.

Didn't she deserve to know?

Riley was at her beck and call which made Wynter appreciative of her child helping her. However, she did hear Riley crying at night sometimes and whenever Wynter asked her about it—Riley would act like she didn't know what the hell she was talking about.

That was frustrating in itself. Wanting to help her daughter and not knowing why she was helping her—ate at her on a daily. Everyone around her was acting like she was some fragile little glass and treated her like if they ended up saying the wrong thing than she might break.

It was annoying to say the least and she just wanted to snap at everyone and tell them to fuck off.

Keraun looked over at Wynter and she felt him staring but she didn't move her head to look at him.

"When are you going to talk?"

Wynter looked down at the board in her lap and scribbled on it. "When you and everyone else tell me what happened."

"Psh." He rubbed his hand through his beard and continued driving.

He could tell her what really happened or he could just wait for it to hit her on its own timing but both of them would only hurt her and he just wasn't ready for that. That may sound selfish of him but he couldn't see Wynter break again.

"You know—to be my boyfriend you're sure as hell not nice to me."

Keraun chuckled and shrugged. "If you're not saying how you feel through your mouth then don't talk to me."

By all means, Keraun wasn't necessarily trying to be mean or push Wynter to do something that she wasn't ready for but he missed her. He wanted to hear her laughter and voice.

Every inch of him just wanted her voice to echo through his ears like a sensual melody that makes him fall in love all over again. To Wynter; it may seem like he was pushing her but to him—he wasn't.

He was letting her move on her own time which is why he didn't tell her his relation to her. Didn't mean that someone else didn't but he liked the mystery of her guessing who he was and what he wanted with her but Mills big mouth messed that up.