Chapter Four - Victims or Survivors?

Leaning against Riley's doorframe, Wynter stood looking at her with her arms folded across her breasts.

Clearing her throat, Riley looked up from writing to face her mother. She threw her a polite smile and ended her phone call without telling whoever was on the next line bye.

Wynter peeped it but she also didn't question it, deciding that it was best to let Riley learn from her mistakes and to also learn how to be patient when it came to waiting on Riley to come to her with information.

"Busy?" Wynter softly smiled.

"No ma'am."

"Did you read the book I sent you lastnight?"

"Yes, I couldn't believe what I was reading ma." Riley shockingly said.

Wynter leaned off of the doorframe. "Me either baby but come on."

Riley jumped off of her bed and followed her mother in the living room. "What are we going to do?"

Wynter patted the seat next to her. "Educating ourselves, you read the book about him now it's time to watch the docu-series."

Without questioning her mother, Riley sat next to her and cuddled up under her. She was never too big to feel her mothers warmth.

As a child; Riley always found an excuse to cuddle up under Wynter and of course Wynter never denied her child the feeling of being next to her and comforted by her. After all Riley was her everything and more.

With them both settling on the sofa, Wynter pressed play and allowed the documentary to start. They were watching the series regarding R.Kelly and his alleged victims. Wynter felt like it would be an educational thing for Riley to know about and it would possibly help her with knowing the signs of a man like him in the future.

The whole time that they watched the documentary both girls had a scowl on their faces and Riley just couldn't stomach it.

"Do you think he really did do those girls like that?"

Wynter shrugged. "If he did, he's sick."

"But why? Why make parents and those girls suffer like that?"

"Riley, I hate to say it but some of those girls could've probably been sold off to him as well. If it all happens to be true then the parents along with him should be placed behind a cell. There's not enough money in this world that can make me hand you off." Wynter shivered.

"This world is sick. I just don't get it. Why didn't he get locked up when that video of him and Sparkles niece surfaced?"

"You can't prosecute a man if the victim isn't willing to testify."

"But they had him mama." Riley stressed. "They had him and he still got away."

"Do you know how much money and power he had baby? Do you know that while all of that was going on he probably paid all of those parents off? He could've probably paid the judges off as well. This is the thing Riles. If, he really did do those stuff, he had the support of his career to blindside everyone in the world. He had his hit songs portraying him to be this great ass man and what made everything worse was the fact that the black people supported him through it all."