Lorelei

Elijah is different. He seems uneasy. I don't know what's wrong with him and I don't want to ask to be completely honest. He just seems out of it.

"Hey are you alright?" I ask.

"No," He sighs.

"Well, what's wrong?"

He looks at me with sad eyes. He looks like he's pleading. I rub his back. He looks up at me. His eyes drift to my lips. They linger for a while. He pulls me closer. He wraps his arms around me. I keep expecting him to kiss me. But right now I guess he just wants an embrace. I hug him tighter to me.

"We need to do something," He says suddenly breaking our hug.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"I like you Lore, but I feel like I need to do more with you," He suddenly says.

I like that he has a new nickname for me.

"What sort of things?" I say intrigued.

"Well my mom said that for her first date they had a picnic," he stammered.

He sat there blushing. Refusing to look at my eyes.

"Elijah, are you asking me on a date?" I said flattered.

"Umm, maybe," He tried.

"Feel free to say no. I don't want to force you," He stammered.

I placed a sweet kiss on his nose. He blushed an even deeper shade of red.

"I would love nothing more," I say to him.

He relaxes a bit at my words.

"So when do you want to go?" I ask with a secretive smile.

"Let me grab the food," He quickly smiled.

Thirty minutes later we met at the top of a hill. He had set up the most beautiful set up. He gathered the glowing flowers and set them up all over the hill. He is a hopeless romantic. I sit down next to him. He places a flower in my hair. I haven't ever seen a boy do something so sweet for me. He places soft kisses in my hair and just like that the sandwiches are forgotten. We sit on the picnic blanket gazing up at the sky. He wraps an arm around me and pulls me into him. I collapse against him and just stare up at the sky. The sky that'll be with me forever. And a boy that will hopefully stay by me. He whispers sweet nothings into my ear. I never noticed how gorgeous the sky looks. We sit as the hours slink by. When I get my first com I switch the device off.

"We've been gone for a while. Do you need to go back?" He asks.

"Let them look for us," I whisper.

He wraps me up in his arms and I fall asleep. When I wake up I am still in Elijah's arms. I sigh. It's so peaceful up here. The night sky still hangs overhead. Elijah stirs in his sleep. I stay wrapped in his arms for a long time. He wakes up underneath me.

"Well hello Lore," He yawns.

"Hello Eli," I say back.

I smile down at him.

"How long has it been since we left the colony?" He asks now fully awake.

"Eighteen hours, give or take."

His eyes pop out for a minute.

"We've been gone for eighteen hours," He confirms.

I nod.

"Don't they need you down there?" He asks.

"Do you want me to leave?" I counter.

"No," He smiles.

I fall into his kiss. He finally breaks the kiss when he hears my stomach growl. He opens the untouched basket and hands me a sandwich.

"Thank you," I say as I stuff my face with the sandwich.

He laughs.

"How beautiful," He mumbles.

"Yes the sky is beautiful," I agree.

He raises an eyebrow.

"I know you aren't talking about me. The sky is way more beautiful than I am," I explain

"Can we agree to disagree?" He asks.

"Of course," I smile.

I really don't want to leave. That is for sure.

"This place will be ours forever," Elijah says.

I smile up at him. I stand up and he follows me. We kiss one last time in our magical night under the bright moonlight. I gaze into his eyes. They are filled with moonshine.

We walk into the colony again and are instantly bombarded by people.

"Lorelei! Where have you been for the last day," A person asks.

I wave the question away.

They don't need to know where I've been. All they need to know is that I'm here now.

"Where have you been?" Thundered a voice.

I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"First Shipper Tove," I whisper.

My head bows slightly.

"You are a leader woman. Act like one," She demands.

"What do I need to do?" I ask like an obedient child.

"First get rid of him," She commanded.

I look at Elijah. I can tell he doesn't want to leave but he leaves anyway.

I get back to work.