Fourty

3 Months Later - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

Why do we feel love? There are some things we just can't explain. Why do some people come into our lives and become a part of us. Some people that it hurts us to see go, even though we will see them soon. Why do we give up everything for that person? Why do we spend so much time making them happy, knowing that we forget to make ourselves happy.

It's because just seeing that person. Thinking about that person. And being with that person, already makes us happy. More than they would know. It's hard to find someone like Carl now. Actually. Scratch that. It's hard to find a boy his age now. Unless you want to marry the undead this is it.

As I walk towards Carl to be United forever, it goes to show that nothing and nobody around us can tear us apart. Throw anything at us and we will dodge it. I watch everyone staring at me as I walk towards my almost husband, as they smile brightly I can't help but to smile back.

All these people I've gotten to know and love are not just survivors to me now. They're family. And I couldn't ask for a better family. I stand in front of Carl and I stare into his eyes and smile. We then turn to Gabriel as he begins to speak.

"Ecclesiastes 4 tells us two people are better off than one. For together they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help, but someone who falls alone is in real trouble."

I don't know how long I zone out for but I look over to Carl and smile at his beautiful presence and he looks back at me and smiles. I grip his hand a little bit tighter as I look back at Gabriel, who grabs our intertwined hand and places it out in front of us.

"These hands. These are the hands of your best friend, that hold yours on your wedding day. These are the hands that will work along side yours to build your future together. These are the hands that will give you strength when you struggle. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled with age, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch." He continues.

"Ladies and Gentlemen this ceremony will not create a relationship that does not already exist between these two young hearted individuals. It is a symbol of how far they have come these past few years. It is a symbol of the promises you will make to each other to continue growing stronger as individuals and as partners. No matter what challenges you face, you now face them together, and no matter how much you succeed, you now succeed together. The love between you joins now as one." Gabriel looks over to Carl. Carl turns to face me as I do the same and face him. He grabs my other hand and looks over at Gabriel.

"Carl Grimes, do you take (Y/N) Dixon as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" He asks Carl. Carl smiles and looks at me.

"I do." He replies. Gabriel turns to look at me.

"And do you (Y/N) Dixon, do you take Carl Grimes as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" He asks me.

"I do." I reply. I place Carl's gold band on his left ring finger and he slips my gold band on my left ring finger. I look up at him and smile.

"Now by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Gabriel smiles. Carl brings me closer and kisses me softly and we hear cheers and whistling.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour and privilege to introduce to you for the first time Mr and Mrs Carl Grimes." Gabriel shouts as more applause comes from the audience. I smile as I walk down the makeshift isle and see (B/F/N) screaming clapping. I smile at her and she blows me a kiss, to which I giggle in response. Yeah a lot has happened in these past couple of months. Maggie and Glenn are officially expecting a baby sometime soon. Judith can now walk and said her first word.