Chapter 28: The Boy With The Dragon Tattoo

I got up to go to the shower.

I relished in the steam. It was nice to relax after my billionth full-blown argument with Caiden.

I changed into the grey gym shorts and white tank top that Caiden got me. I felt like a girl again.

I smiled at myself in the mirror.

I then stepped out of the bathroom only to be startled by Caiden who was leaning and slightly smirking on the wall just beside the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? What's so funny?"

He scoffed and shook his head, still smirking, before entering the bathroom.

He's so weird.

I sat on my bed, waiting for Caiden. I finally mustered the courage to ask him about his tattoo.

He came out, fully clothed in sweatpants and a hoodie, drying his hair. "You steam up the entire bathroom."

"Oops. Sorry."

"Aren't you going to eat?" He made his way to the door.

"Caiden, can I ask you something?"

He stopped in his tracks and took a few steps towards me, putting his hands in his pockets. "What's up?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You have a tattoo. When did you get it?" I asked with much curiosity.

"When did you see it?"

"Yesterday morning."

"Got it the night before." He said casually.

"What is it of exactly?"

"In the simplest way, a dragon."

"Why did you get a dragon?"

He smirk-scoffs. "You ask so many questions."

"I'm curious!" I demanded.

He sat on his side of the bed while I was sitting at the foot of the bed. "It looks...cool."

"I'm sure there's more to that."

"Do you just wanna see it?" He squinted at me.

I took a deep, subtle breath. "Okay...yeah, sure." And so right there in front of me, he took off his hoodie followed by his shirt but I stopped him halfway. "Ohhh, you don't have to take it all off...that's totally fine." I pursed my lips.

"It's not only on my arm."

No way. No way I'm about to see a shirtless Caiden in broad daylight. No freakin' way. My body temperature flew up. As he was taking his shirt off from above his head, everything was in slow motion.

I tried to stop myself from gawking.

It was finally all off and oh my God.

I couldn't breathe.

I bit my tongue.

I have never seen a shirtless guy in person with my very own eyes. I was internally shaking. This wasn't real.

Wake up, Alexa. Wake up.

I fluttered my eyes, breathing deeply, trying to pull myself out of the trance. "Oh, wow." I gasped at the sight...of his tattoo...

"Wow what?"

"It's, um, huge."

"What's huge?"

"Your tattoo, duh!" I shook my head in annoyance. How lost is he?

{Caiden's POV}