Chapter 33: Living Life A Quarter-Mile At A Time

I regained partial control of the wheel and just when Ryder was able to steer straight again, I rammed him in a T form and immediately adjusted my car head on...just making it to the finish line by a split second.

My car came to a halt and I slumped onto the steering wheel.

...

I fucking did it.

I motherfucking did it. Holy fuck shit cunt pussy fuck.

I could hear the crowd running and screaming towards me.

Geez. Fuck off for a sec.

I slumped back into my seat.

Noah then slams on the door, telling me to open it.

I open it and step out, getting sucked into an embrace by the gang. 

"What the fuck happened, Cai?! Why were you head-to-head with a goddamn GTR?!" Noah yelled on top of the crowd. 

"The tank didn't work. His one did. I forgot to ask you to check it one last time." I had to yell too.

"You fucking idiot! Fuuuck. But you fucking won, you reckless shit! You won!"

The boys chanted, jumping all around me.

But my ears were ringing due to all the screeching of the tires and all the whiplashing I endured. Piece of cake, eh.

Amongst the crowd, I then saw Jonathan and Alexa. 

Jonathan ran up to me and jumped onto my side. No doubt this will be him one day.

Alexa then jogs towards me. She was crying. She then jumped and wrapped her arms around my neck. I spun her around.

I couldn't deny how relieved I felt right now...how amazing I felt. I'm usually so casual about winning but this time, I'll admit, I was forced into a tight spot. Losing was out of the question.

She hung onto me tight before I set her down gently. 

The crowd made a circle around us, clapping and cheering.

I lifted her chin up to meet her eyes.

She was crying.

I wiped her tears.

She smiled through them and embraced me once more.

I caressed the back of her head to help her calm down. This was a whole 'nother level of support and acting, Lexa.

"Caiden, we saw the whole thing through our binoculars! You were swerving and crashing into each other all over the place! You - you - you could have rolled over or exploded! There were two Nitrous Oxide tanks in your car!" She yelled through her tears.

I wiped them again with my thumbs and smiled. "Lexa, I'm taking you home tonight."

She smiled back.

We stared at each other.

...

"Cops! It's the cops!"

"They're coming in hot!"

"Fuck!"

"Shit we gotta go!"

"Fucking move!"

Shiiit.

The crowd went wild.

"Noah! Rover said they'll be here in seven minutes!" Jaxon yelled at Noah.

"Shit, get to the truck, boys!" Noah yelled.

We drove our five cars to the back of the venue where the truck was and the guy guarding it.