Chapter 49: Here's To A New Beginning

{Caiden's POV}

I watched as she boarded the boat, Uncle helping her up. They wave at me and I put my hand up.

The boat sailed away.

She's with really good people who I trust with my life. She'll be safe there.

Damnit. Now the smell of her hair was on me.

I walked back to the car. I sat there for a few minutes. Uncle's boat was still in view but got smaller as the seconds passed. I looked to where Lexa sat next to me just under half an hour ago. I turned my engine on and revved it three times really fucking loud. This one's for you, Lexa. I scoff. My...indirect farewell gift. 

I pulled out of the parking lot to make my way back to HQ.

***************

As soon as I got into the garage, I got the sudden urge to work out 'til I wanted ti die.

***************

I sat on a chair and leaned forward, putting my head down. I was swimming in my own sweat. I put a towel around me and made my way up to my room. I could hear nothing but my heartbeat that felt like it was gonna burst. But her voice still rang in my head. 

The boys were probably in their own rooms crying 'cause they know I'd give them shit if I saw them doing that. 

I opened the door to the room. It was still noon but the weather was so shit that it looked and felt like someone died. Fuck sake. Might as well fucking rain to really set the mood. I walked over to the wardrobe to get a new set of clothes. 

I just remembered...

I opened the drawer above mine.

She left some clothes behind. She even left the robe that she arrived here with. Memories flooded my head. The smell of her clothes were stronger than ever. 

I shut the drawer and walked to the bathroom.

***************

{Alexandria's POV}

It was now the second and last day of sailing to Lisbon. We'll be there soon.

Right now I was an illegal immigrant but I'll coordinate everything once I'm able to get in touch with Ian. Uncle Jericho told me everything I needed to know and that I'd be allowed at least a week and a bit to get my temporary false identity sorted because he was friends with a few coast guards.

I was currently sitting on a couch inside with a book in my hand. I was also with Cyrus who was colouring in some dinosaur pictures next to me. I smiled. I leaned over to him to see his work.

"Great work, Cyrus." 

He looked up at me and smiled. "Does it look scary?" His face lit up.

"Oh, yes. He looks very scary." I gasped and he laughs a mischievous laugh.

I noticed the boat was slowing down. I looked out the window and saw an ocean of colourful buildings as we pulled into a quiet dock. The boat eventually parked and Uncle Jericho came downstairs.

"Alright, we're here!" He claps his hands and rubs them together. "Here, I'll take your luggages." 

"Oh, please. Let me take one."

"No, no, I got it. Could you just hold Cyrus' hand as well walk home? He likes to wander." Uncle laughs.

I smile. "Yes, of course. Come on, Cyrus. You're home." I hold my hand out to him and he holds it.