My Choice

Yuliy's POV

When (name) walked back into the room, I noticed that she looked a little pale. Did something happen in the bath? No, if that was the case then she'd look angry but right now she appeared to be struggling with something. Just like when she had that solo mission.

There's no way Professor Willard gave her a mission. He'd gotten his book so there there was no need to make (name) go on another mission.

Then what?

Perhaps she's still pale from my playful behavior from earlier; I have to admit, it was unexpected. Even the others were shocked when I told them.

I had greeted (name) with a smile, only to get a slow but forced smile back; "what took so long, (name)? I thought it was going to be quick?" Dorthea asked to which the (h/c) head responded with "sorry. I lost track of time" she said. If only I didn't know her smile to be fake- then I'd believe her. Just like everyone else. But no. I knew her better than that. So what was wrong?

"Everything alright?" I whispered into her ear. Gazing into her eyes, they said: "what do I do?" It was as if she was pleading to the Gods for an answer; for some reason, it broke my heart. Seeing that pleading look on her face made me want to let her know that she could tell me anything. 

Out of all the things I expected- her to ignore me, her to tell me everything was okay, to say that it was my fault- I never expected her to grab my hand, pull me out of the room, passed many other ones, and up to the roof. 

The air on the roof was cool as the day became breezy. With the darkening sunset in the back, I noticed it was a whole scenery to take in with (name). Looking down at her, I saw her take in the sight as well- well, I can't blame her. 

No One's POV

"Yuliy," (name) called out as her head faced the floor of the roof. Gaining the Sirius' attention, he replied with a concered voice, "is everything alright? What's wrong?" He asked; before he could even process anything, (name)'s hand that remained on Yuliy's wrist pulled his body closer as she wrapped her arms around him.

Her face buried into the taller one's chest letting out a hitched breath. Few seconds passed and Yuliy had just proccessed what happened; upon processing (name)'s actions, his eyes widened while feeling his face flush and his heart thumped.

Another hitched breath left (name)'s lips. Putting his hands on her shoulders for a second, the Sirius decided to, instead, hug her. Maybe she needed a hug and that's why she brought him up here.

Yuliy's strong arms enveloped around the smaller one's body comfortingly. Not a word was said nor was a word needed to be said; the physical contact between each other was enough to make the two ease up. Patiently, the Sirius survivor waited for the half-vampire to tell him what was wrong; he yearned to know. 

Minutes passed with (name)'s silence but Yuliy waited. 

"What do I do?"

(Name) mumbled but her voice was muffled by Yuliy's shirt. Feeling the vibration of her voice, Yuliy grabbed her shoulders- softly pushed her back to see her eyes full of tears that threatened to leak her glimmering (e/c) and red eyes. If he was honest, (name)'s eyes looked like they held the stars in them; the glimmer of the tears must've made it seem that way. 

Confusion, concern, alarm- all of those feelings mixed inside the Sirius' chest, "what are you talking about? Whatever it is, you know you can tell me" he said with slightly wide eyes. Hearing his soft voice calmed (name) to a dainty extent; thinking back for a minute she wondered why she dragged Yuliy. Was she under so much pressure from choosing that she needed someone to help her vent?