Heart

(Name)'s POV

The following day after breakfast, Hanada-sensei had changed the bandages that were wrapped around my right shoulder. According to the doctor, my injury was serious and that wasn't something that would normally heal within a day.

Normally.

Being half human meant not healing as quickly as normal vampires would, but I didn't take as much times as regular humans. 

I had told him that I would be fine and that seemed to put the man at ease because he smiled and suggested that I walk around outside to get my body use to moving after sleeping for two days... or something like that.

As I opened my room door, I saw Yuliy standing outside "wait long?" I asked softly. His striking blue eyes met mine, "not at all," he said as we made our way outside. Yuliy had told me that Willard, Fallon, and Philip came yesterday to check up on us; he even said Willard told us to stay until we were fully healed before throwing Philip on us. That sounded like Willard alright.

No One's POV

The outside air was warm with the sun gracing the teens with its warm rays of light; "Yuliy-oniichan and (name)-oneechan are alright!" Saki turned to the two from, what seemed to be, watering the tomato plants. Yuliy, being his garden-intelligent self, went up to the girl while (name) followed; when Saki told the two teenagers about her mother wanting to make something nutritious for her father, Yuliy commented how kind Saki's mother was and (name) agreed with him whole heartily. "Are your mothers kind, Yuliy-oniichan! (name)-oneechan!" Unlike Yuliy, who was comfortable talking about his mother, (name) wasn't; "what about you, (name)-oneechan?" Saki asked with an innocent smile. 

(Name) felt the spotlight on her as a wave of tensity washed over her; her mother was a topic she didn't feel she could talk about freely. Seeing her awkward state, Yuliy looked to Saki "my mother is like your's- she's not here," luckily for (name), Saki's attention turned to Yuliy. While the two talked, (name) felt suffocated, "I'm going to take a walk." She informed the two before making her way out the gate.

Walking at a slow pace, (name) let her mind wander back- back to the past. The past where she knew nothing and feared everything. Sometimes when she had sleepless nights, all she could do was sit and stare at the wall to let her mind travel far off. 

"I'm pathetic."

The night was growing on as the moon slowly began to wake from its slumber, "I should head back," (name) mumbled to herself. Turning around, (name) began to retrace her steps back to the house where Yuliy waited at the front door. When (name) arrived at the gate, Yuliy walked up to her "feeling better?" He asked with a soft expression; (name) felt like spewing everything out but then she heard Saki and Philip coming from a distance so she decided against it. "I'm fine now," the (h/c)nette mumbled making a smile slide its way onto her face- but Yuliy knew better. 

With the night present and the maid still out, Philip decided to make dinner himself, "fish is tasty in Japan, right? So I'll make some fish and chips!" Philip cheered. The air was light and merry as the five in the house seemed to enjoy each others' presence; it wasn't until a familiar scent filled the air ruined that. The lights had been cut off breaking the light air; realizing what was going, Philip glanced at his fellow Jaegers; "(name)! Yuliy! Buy me twenty seconds!" Philip exclaimed before running off in the direction of the rooms. 

In the same instance that Philip ran, the widows crashed open as a small team of vampires bursts into the house. Yuliy grabbed the nearest chair, smashing it on a vampire's head while (name) tornado kicked one in the face. The echo of a gunshot rang through the air, "(name)! Yuliy!" Philip called out getting the twos' attention; Yuliy was thrown his staff while (name) was thrown a small case. The case that held her wires.