Chapter 5 A Lesson Of Humiliation

At one point, Vivian was drunk. Not the regular kind of drunk but rather a completely intoxicated, out of control beauty, overflowing with self- confidence. A woman so enchanting that she could go diamonds go blind!

She decided to make this party into a real party. She cosily slipped into her heels and walked towards the musicians. The musicians were shocked on seeing her approach them.

She sat beside them and looked into their music sheets as they played. It made them extremely uncomfortable! Naturally, they were not used to guests during their performance. But Vivian waited till they finishec their piece since it was considered quite rude in the musical society, to stop someone in between their piece.

"Guys, I have a request," She smiled. They never saw what was coming to them or what they had done to deserve that. The poor souls were only doing what they were paid to do. Kirito was talking to a group of old men and his uncle, the organiser of the party, when he heard a familiar voice on the mike.

The musicians had stopped playing. Their souls seemed dead just like their faces. He looked at the musicians' corner. His eyes almost fell down from his skull as he looked at the stage.

Vivian stood on the stage with a mike in her hand, looking like a sensational diva. Everyone stared at her.
"So, I just thought of making this party more fun. I do understand that people here love classical music therefore I thought how beautiful it would be if we could mix two genres of music together. Something that you like, we will play and bring to your heart, songs like Doris Day."

The pianist started playing and soon the violinist followed up. They had the sheet music before them. Vivian began singing.

She smiled as she sang but her eyes were watery and her skin was glowing with sweat.

"Who is she? Did you call for a singer, Kurosawa?"
"No." Kurosawa looked at Vivian as if she was the only thing in the world. She was smiling as she sang.

Everyone was enjoying the performance. Everyone but Kirito just glared at her. He knew the song was directed towards him. And he hated the fact that she could tell more about him than he himself. She was pitying him and laughing at him.

Pity was the last thing he wanted. Finally, Vivian was done singing and bowed to the audience. They all clapped. A cheer so loud that made Vivian dizzy. Maybe it was the booze.  She looked at Kirito's face among that huge crowd and whispered to him that she loved him. She slowly fell on the stage.

Kirito picked her up and took her to his car while everybody was covered in the chaos. He got inside the car and looked at Vivian.

'Nobody said it was easy'

"Then act like it's difficult." He started driving "We're going nowhere and I need to stop." He took her to their place and lay her on the sofa. He looked at her for a while.

"This is not even a feeling anymore... It's a nightmare."

When Vivian opened her eyes, Kirito was gone. She got up and looked around her. Everything was so quiet now that Kirito wasn't around. She didn't like silence. She was born and raised in a German chaos of booze and jolly festival.

Everything was so difficult and different. She wasn't used to this culture at all and it was hard to fit in. And Kirito was just making it harder now. She couldn't understand where she was going wrong. Things struck her mind, things like maybe she wasn't his type or maybe he didn't like how she looked. Or maybe, just maybe...